Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2005 8:12:26 AM EDT
Who makes a baseball styled cap with the following features...

velcro closure in back (not buckle which pulls my hair nor snaps wich break)
low profile (fits very close to head with no ecess bulge)
high tech fabrics (something that wicks moisture... not cotton)
Shooting related brand name (right now I have an Adidas hat that fits the above but want something shootig related to give as a gift to a shooter)

Post pics and links whenever possible.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]
DevL,
I bought something similar to your specs this summer at Dicks.  I'm not sure of the materials though.  As a bonus it has built in loops that attach to your shooting glasses.  These loops are on retractable line so you can remove your glasses, but still not lose them.  The hat is a tan color and I think cost $9.95.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Under Armor Tactical Baseball cap

Do you own the hat in question?  Does it contain zero cotton or is just the band where micro fiber is located?
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Under Armor Tactical Baseball cap

Do you own the hat in question?  Does it contain zero cotton or is just the band where micro fiber is located?

I dont have it.
but if its like the rest of UA stuff then its good to go for your needs of sweat wicking dryness
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The UA cap doesn't have cotton, AFAIK. Academy has the non-tactical variety if you wanna check them out before you buy. They're super-comfy.

The HSGI Multicam cap is pretty cool, but I don't know WTF it's made out of :
HSGI Multicam Ballcap

Killer Gear's "Killer cap" is sweet too. I don't have the foggiest of who might stock them though.

Hell, I circulate between a Wilderness Tactical ballcap (simple logo, simple cap), a Blackwater ballcap (original Black/Tan, got it as a present from a friend), and my old ratty PRCA ballcap that I pulled the ball off of. All are cotton though, and aren't really "Tactical"...
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Another interesting hat I recently saw is the Lightfighter Warrior Hat.

I believe it about $20 at www.lightfighter.com.  

It looks pretty good, I may need to get one of these...

The Killer Gear hat that Capn_Crunch mentioned can be found at www.triadtactical.com.

Here's a pic of the Killer Gear hat.

These hats don't all meet your requirements but they may be a worth a look if you don't find anything else.
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Nike Tailwind Dri-fit hat.

search.nike.com/niketown/search.jsp?N=44+13&Ntt=dri+fit|hat

I have one, works great.  Not a shooting related brand though.  Personally, I prefer Nike Drifit to Under Armor.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:46:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been very pleased with my Killer Gear hat.

Matt makes nothing that isn't top of the line.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#10]
My Red Sox hat works fine for me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#11]
The ball caps incorporating the "Flex-Fit" elastic have been some of my favorites:

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#12]
why not a plain BDU patrol cap. I use them and the bill is long enough to stop a falling shell from getting behind my glasses.
Get one in ACU and you will be up to date with the times!
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is mine from gwentac.

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Are these cotton caps?  I specifically asked about NON cottoncaps.  Not interested in cotton caps at all.  These caps all look like they are cotton.  Was not aware of Sig, Blackwater or ACU caps in materials other than advanced sythetics NON cotton.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I need a waterproof cover.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top