Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 1:05:31 AM EDT
Sorry if my topic search missed this but......
Barrett shows (sells?) a 28rd 6.8 mag but all people are yacking about is PRI. Does Barrett make their own mags and are they not available? My next project after the ultimate ar-10 buildup is going to be a 6.8spc but I have heard PRI had problems with their first mags (and 25rds vs. 28rds) Any info on Barrett mags???????Mods----Moved(posted) to magazine board
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of Barret mags. I would be very surprised it they built their own, the rifle is mostly LMT anyway.

IIRC PRI mags are 10, 15, 25 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a few pri 10 rnd 6.8 magazines, i think they sux. I have had alot of feeding problems with them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I read in a magazine, GUNS probably, that 6.8mm would feed from ordinary M-16 mags.  Is this not the case?

--------------------------

Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I read in a magazine, GUNS probably, that 6.8mm would feed from ordinary M-16 mags.  Is this not the case?

--------------------------

img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/suburban15/kerrysbuds.jpg

Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!

better do some reading ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=189042
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I own a few pri 10 rnd 6.8 magazines, i think they sux. I have had alot of feeding problems with them.

What feeding problems are you having?

The PRI mags I have (15 & 25 round) work fine.

-z
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What feeding problems are you having?

The PRI mags I have (15 & 25 round) work fine.

-z

That's the problem with PRI mags - no two are the same so some work and most don't.  
HFG
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
HipFiredGun, you seem to have something bad to say about every accessorie or system that isnt still a secret.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HipFiredGun, you seem to have something bad to say about every accessorie or system that isnt still a secret.

Not true, I just use and see a lot of kit.  Best mags - HK 30 rounders.  In the case of PRI I have personal experience of their wares and the mags are crap.  If you take any two of them and look you will see that they are not the same.  If mags are not the same, they will behave differently in any weapon.  One of my guys took in 300 of them and 70% were rejected, I'll pass that info on because most people here will not see anything like that number, just be aware that you need to be in that 30% when you buy them and until I see different, that's my opinion.  

Of course, it's just my opinion.  
HFG
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
HFG,

Can you say specifically what malfunctions were caused by the mags?    

Are any of the problems related to the followers?

-z
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Most of the problems relate to the feed lips, the followers are not too bad, it's basically the material choice and the welding process that does not hold the sides concentric during manufacture.  If your feed lips are all over the place, then that is a recipe for problems.  The other problem related to the material and the lack of hardening which caused the mags to bulge as more ammo was added - they'd work fine one day but not the next.  

Hope this helps  
HFG  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info.    
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top