Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 2:04:40 AM EDT
Sorry if my topic search missed this but......
Barrett shows (sells?) a 28rd 6.8 mag but all people are yacking about is PRI. Does Barrett make their own mags and are they not available? My next project after the ultimate ar-10 buildup is going to be a 6.8spc but I have heard PRI had problems with their first mags (and 25rds vs. 28rds) Any info on Barrett mags???????
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not heard of Barret mags. More Vaporware anyway, the PRI is available today.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe PRI's supplying them for Barrett in a slightly different configuration than those for the Military.  I believe the Military spec'd a "tangible" indicator on the floorplate that allows ID by feel in order to differentiate the mags from 556 mags in no/low light.  I could be wrong this is old info.  call Barrett or PRI to be sure though...

/S2
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay useless topic. But FYI!!! I emailed Barrett and they said:

We will be offering 30 round magazines in about 2-3 months.  Our entire
inventory of the magazines are going with the rifles and upper conversion
units at this time.  We will put them on our website when they are available
for purchase.

Thank you,

Amber Henderson
Barrett Firearms Mfg., Inc.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The "tangible" indicator is a floorplate that is slightly wider than the magazine body, much like the baseplace lips on Orlite mags.

-z
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The mags are now available for $48 from Barrett.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw one tonight. Looked to be very high quality. Kind of on the heavy side, but not by much.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
So, what they lied to me???? I hate it when that happens. Anyway are they any good? 28rds as in their ad or 30rds as in their email to me?????
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:10:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So, what they lied to me???? I hate it when that happens. Anyway are they any good? 28rds as in their ad or 30rds as in their email to me?????

If they are really PRI made mags, as reported, they come in 10, 15, and 25 round capacities. FWIW, LMT is making the rifles for Barret.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#9]
uhhh, can't seem to find any on their website anyone got a link?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
not found on their web site.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top