Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 7:51:32 PM EDT
I like a lightweight carbine, and the more weight on the front of the rifle the heavier it feels.
I must admit the M4 barrel looks great, but is there really a big disadvantage to the lightweight barrel?  If the weapon had select fire then the choice would be easy.
But for a rifle fired in the semiauto mode only, does anyone foresee significant problems???
thanks
P.S.
the rifle would be used for plinking at the range, home defense, etc. (not for competition)

thanks again-
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If its all close range or you wont go over 2 mags in a single "defense" scenario then the LW will be fine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:41:52 AM EDT
[#2]
If it didn't work, Colt would not have sold tons of 6520's and 6530's.  The lightweight barrel sounds ideal for your needs.  Personally, I find the slightly more muzzle heavy M4 points and tracks better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't see any problem - just advantages.  I prefer my 'lightweight' to my M4.  It handles better IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top