Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:19:47 AM EDT
I'm sure this has been done before.
Has anyone tried this cartridge before?
Anyone know of a barrel maker who would make a 7mm TCU?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:44:21 AM EDT
What is the overall length of the 7mmTCU and would it fit in the magazines?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:39:24 AM EDT
Contact Accuracy Speaks, (480) 373-9499. Derrick Martin makes these from blanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:04:33 PM EDT
Randall could probably due it also. The 6, 6.5 and 7 all fit in the AR mag. They are a necked up 223 with a blown out rounded shoulder. The 6/223 is easier to reload because you do not need to fire form the shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:25:01 AM EDT
Great Guys Thanks for the info.
I'll post how it turns out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:53:27 PM EDT
Check with Marty at Teppo Jutsu. He developed a 7mm HRT, basically a 6.8 SPC necked out to 7mm. I believe it pretty much duplicates the performance of the 7mm TCU.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:34:36 PM EDT
It's a neat cartridge. I've shot it in my T/C Contender for many years. It might make an interesting AR package.

Just what I need.....another AR.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:49:32 AM EDT
I would worry about the short neck of the 7TCU. I don't know how well it would hold up to feeding.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:57:20 AM EDT
I'm not 100% sure but I think SSK Industries in Ohio will make that in an
AR15 barrel. Several years back I checked with them on a 300 wisper, AR
package and I believe the TCU calibers were also available.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:52:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 11:54:12 PM EDT by Randall_Rausch]
You are very limited in your bullet choices that can be seated to magazine length.
Within that limitation, it works fine.

I have the reamer and gauges and I can make you a barrel if you want one.

If marty is already doing a 7 HRT, it is NOT just the 6.8 SPC necked to 7mm.
It SHOULD be based on the 30 HRT which is the 6.8 SPC case resized in 30 herret dies.
Marty and I went together on headspace gauges at the same time so that we could both sell compatible barrels.
If he is necking down to 7mm already, I would think it's still using the 30 herret case body and headspace dimensions.
7 HRT would surely require custom dies (BuKu $$$)
There would be a significant enough increase in powder capacity over the 7TCU to warrant the 7 HRT's need for 6.8 SPC brass, magazines and bolt, but I am not so sure about the dies...

Oh yeah, HRT= Herret Rimless Tactical
Anything 'Tactical' has got to be cool right?

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:06:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Randall_Rausch:
You are very limited in your bullet choices that can be seated to magazine length.
Within that limitation, it works fine.

I have the reamer and gauges and I can make you a barrel if you want one.

If marty is already doing a 7 HRT, it is NOT just the 6.8 SPC necked to 7mm.
It SHOULD be based on the 30 HRT which is the 6.8 SPC case resized in 30 herret dies.
Marty and I went together on headspace gauges at the same time so that we could both sell compatible barrels.
If he is necking down to 7mm already, I would think it's still using the 30 herret case body and headspace dimensions.
7 HRT would surely require custom dies (BuKu $$$)
There would be a significant enough increase in powder capacity over the 7TCU to warrant the 7 HRT's need for 6.8 SPC brass, magazines and bolt, but I am not so sure about the dies...

Oh yeah, HRT= Herret Rimless Tactical
Anything 'Tactical' has got to be cool right?

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com

I put my keyboard in gear before my brain. My mistake, I was wrong when I said 7mm HRT. It was the 30 HRT I was refering to. Looks like I need some remedial conprehension retention training.
Top Top