Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2002 2:33:31 PM EDT
When installing the barrel extension, is there a washer between the extension and the barrel or does it get tightened to align the hole at top-dead-center?  If so, what type of tool could I use to tighten the 1/4 turn I need to align it?
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no washer or spacer between the extension and the machined shoulder on the barrel itself. It is a precision made assembly and because of the feed ramps and the location of the barrel pin, it requires a lot of detail. It is torqued onto the barrel with 175 ft. lbs. of torque.

A special tool is required but some folks have claimed success at removal / install using an old bolt. The tool used to be available from Sarco but there may be other sources I'm not aware of like Brownell's.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The gas port hole and front sight post pin holes are drilled AFTER the barrel extension is installed.  Replacing it is next to impossible since the extension lugs will probably not align with the sight / gasport.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top