Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/23/2007 3:21:45 AM EST
I have owned my RRA w/16" middy chrome lined bbl since January. It has had approximately 800 rounds put through it. After cleaning it yesterday, I looked down the inside of the bore and noticed a scar or mark on the inside of the barrel. The mark appears to be located near where the fsb is located. Has there been other complaints with RRA barrel damage? I searched and found no similar posts. I don't believe that it's effecting my accuracy, but I don't want it to start. Any input?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:27:37 AM EST
It is the gas port, it is normal, no worries, shoot it till it smokes..
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:29:05 AM EST
Call Rock River Arms ???????

You might be covered
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:31:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/23/2007 3:37:43 AM EST by AEROX711]
Ok, I looked near the gas port and it appears that there is a bit of a burr there. I haven't called RRA yet and I don't think I will. It's not hanging up any patches and it seems that accuracy is not affected. I just found more info. on this. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:58:51 AM EST
I think it was Randall at AR15 Barrels who had a pretty clever way of clearing that burr. Drop the cut-off shank portion of a 5.5 mm drill bit down the barrel from the chamber end.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:17:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By splitbolt:
I think it was Randall at AR15 Barrels who had a pretty clever way of clearing that burr. Drop the cut-off shank portion of a 5.5 mm drill bit down the barrel from the chamber end.

On a newly drilled barrel yes. But after 800 rds of ammo I think it’s too late for Randall’s trick.

Call RRA and see what they say, but if it’s not effecting accuracy then I personally would not sweat it. Especially if a patch on a jag does not catch and you can’t feel anything as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:29:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By QUIB:
Call RRA and see what they say, but if it’s not effecting accuracy then I personally would not sweat it. Especially if a patch on a jag does not catch and you can’t feel anything as well.

+1

Randall has always professionally answered my emails. When he is caught up with his barrel making, I plan to have him make me a featherweight with a 1/7 twist.

If accuracy is not an issue, it may be OK.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:39:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By AtlantaFireman:

Originally Posted By QUIB:

+1

Randall has always professionally answered my emails. When he is caught up with his barrel making, I plan to have him make me a featherweight with a 1/7 twist.

If accuracy is not an issue, it may be OK.

You must have a different e-mail address for Randall than I do. I emailed him over a month ago several times and still havent heard from him yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:02:22 AM EST
This is the one I used, per his web site:

www.ar15barrels.com/contact.shtml

"I work a regular day job just like almost everyone else does.
I do my gunsmithing work in the evenings and on the weekends.
Please send email to: randall at ar15barrels.com (replace "at" with @)
I usually answer emails within 3 days unless I am otherwise involved in having a personal life...
If you don't hear back from me, it's for one of many reasons, either my response was stopped by your email provider as spam, you did not ask a pointed and direct question that elicits a direct response, you wrote a huge long email with too many questions to answer quickly or you are asking about something that I can't figure out easily such as order status. Due to the volume of emails I receive, if you don't hear back in a few days, there's a good chance you won't hear back at all. Please try again.
Mailing and shipping address:

AR15barrels
PO Box 66281
Mar Vista, CA 90066"
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:17:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By Muskyjerk:
Call Rock River Arms ???????

You might be covered

Do you actually think it's even a problem?

I suspect this guy is looking at his gas port and doesn't realize what it is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:29:47 PM EST
Just thought it would be better for him to work it out with Rock River than have someone tell him to dip his rounds in rubbing compond
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:33:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/23/2007 12:35:57 PM EST by AEROX711]
I've been squared away since 8am this morning guys. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:51:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:03:05 PM EST
Top Top