Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 6:08:45 PM EDT
Since the ban sunset, I've wanted to de-neuter one of my carbines, a Colt MT6400C. I use the rifle for 3 gun and range so defense and combat considerations don't apply to this rig. I'm now thinking I might keep the de-lugged FSB and pinned barrel comp simply because there's no reason to change over. In fact, I'll save some $$ which I can put to use on ammo. I already changed out the pinned stock which is really the only thing that bothered me. BTW, Vltor clubfoot is THE way to go.

But I wanted to lean on some of the 3 gun guys (or others) here for advice on the Colt barrel comp. Other than its being rather fugly and LOUD, is there any downside to leaving it on? I know that there have been reports of some being shot off, but mine is solid as a rock. Does the comp have any detrimental effect on accuracy? What about recoil? I personally can't tell any difference in recoil between this comp'd carbine and my other pre-bans and no-bans with the A2 FH. When I shoot at dusk, it does seem like the fireball is a little bigger than it is with an A2 FH, but for 3 gun and range, who cares?

I'd be interested in your comments on the advantages and/or disadvantages to leaving the comp on. Please keep in mind that I'm not using it for sniping at Zombies in the desert at midnight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
brakes are loud period but they do help with recoil and muzzle rise.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Randall -
I was under the impression that the pinned comp which came stock on the MT6400C IS a Miculek comp. Not so?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup. I do believe it's a Miculek comp. It looks just like it, but it's a pinned-on version of course. I remember that Colt's specifications on the MT6400C at the time included mention of the Miculek comp specifically. I was never sure if it was a genuine Miculek or a Miculek TYPE comp, but it sure looks like the genuine article. Maybe someone else who has a 6400C can verify.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top