Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:18:02 AM EDT
Is there a source that provides a barrel and bolt as a set which would eliminate the necessity of headspace issues during assembly?  I originally planned on using an upper assy., but now I think I'd rather piece it out but would like to eliminate any possible of having headspace issues, so thought there might be someone that offers a bolt with the bbl. that has already been ck'ed. for proper headspace.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a source that provides a barrel and bolt as a set which would eliminate the necessity of headspace issues during assembly?  I originally planned on using an upper assy., but now I think I'd rather piece it out but would like to eliminate any possible of having headspace issues, so thought there might be someone that offers a bolt with the bbl. that has already been ck'ed. for proper headspace.

Noveske does, DSG sells some of the combos
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^. But it's a match barrel and you're going to pay an arm and a leg for the set.  The liklihood of your headspace being out of tolerance is minimal with pretty much an new barrel and bolt you buy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^. But it's a match barrel and you're going to pay an arm and a leg for the set.  The liklihood of your headspace being out of tolerance is minimal with pretty much an new barrel and bolt you buy.

That's kind of what I thought, but figured if there was a way to remove any doubt, I'd go that route.  I was also thinking that I could just stop over to a shop that had a set of gauges and have them check it after assembly, just to be sure.  I just can't see investing in gauges for one rifle.  Yeah, I know, the solution would be to just build a few more and spread the cost out over more guns.  Hmmmmm......  I just remembered something, I have a box of headspace gauges from when I was in the business - I wonder if there is a .223/5.56 set in there.   The plot thickens.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top