Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 12:20:17 AM EDT
Hoping for some help with dimensions for Colt barrel steps. I have a new Colt 16" HBAR barrel (recently purchased from SAW). It does not have the slight (maybe not as typical as I thought) stepdown approximately 1.5-2" from the muzzle. I am planning to have the barrel cut down to 14.5". Those of you with 14.5" Colt M4 barrels, I need distances for the following, measured from the front of the sight tower:

1.) to the muzzle step, not the M203 step.
2.) to the step for FS threads.

The reason for this info is to get an idea of how much of the info stamped on the barrel I will lose in the cut-down and turning process and to get the authentic Colt look on my Colt barrel. Thanks in advance guys.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It can be restamped minus H-BAR since it will no longer look like one if its going to be cut like a M-4.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm leaving the barrel in HBAR form, but wanted to have an idea of how much of my barrel markings will be sacrificed in the 14.5" cut-down. I figured there are way more 14.5" Colt M4 barrels out there than 14.5" HBAR barrels, so grab a ruler (don't act like you haven't done it before[:I]) and help a guy out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top