Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2007 6:25:25 PM EDT
I was looking in to ordering a new barrel for my ar because i was told to not expect
more than 2.5moa from my bushmaster XM-15A2 20".. the question is if i was to order
a 1-7.7" would that limit me to the 69-80grain range or could it also deliver great
groups with the lower grain bullets?  Thanks much...

Cory
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]
wow i figured this post would be answered and shut down in just minutes his
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You can shoot probably down to 50 grain bullets with no troubles.  Accuracy should be outstanding with Sierra Matchkings 52 HPBT or 53 HP.  The bullets below 50 grain are probably lightly constructed varmint bullets that couldn't stand that fast rotation with any speed behind them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:15:24 AM EDT
[#3]
My 1:9 twist usually shreds anything under 55g if its hollowpoint, but seems to like 55g slugs or heavier. There was already a post about rifle twist somewhere, although I can't remember which one. Have you tried searching for it?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top