Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:49:44 PM EDT
What part's do i need to get a stripped barrel to attach to a stripped upper, i know i need a barrel nut but what all part's do i need? i plan on ordering them all together some time this week and need to know what all part's i will need, i plan on adding a FF hand guard to this barrel also so im not sure if ill still be useing the delta ring, this  foing to be my first build, so all the help i can get is appritiated.

Thanks

-Troy

Edit- Plan on useing a custom barrel of some sort also so would that in turn mean i should use a barrel extension? i will most likely ether be going  with a Noveske,Douglass or kreiger barrel, havnt decided yet, also should i buy stripped upper with or with out m4 cut in it

http://globaltactical.com/axami/shop.php?grd=153

^ has them with and with out m4 cut stripped upper's so im not sure realy what the diffrence is.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No one? usualy dosent take  too long for a reply, but ill just wait i guess
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
On the barrel are:

- Handguard snap spring, Weld spring and Delta ring
- Barrel extension
- Barrel nut
- Gas tube
- Handguard
- Handguard cap
- Front sight
- Flashhider and washer

These are the parts that are on the barrel, for placing the barrel in the upper you only need the extension and the nut.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you do your research for proper assembly and seek help if in doubt.  No offense but some of the wording in your post leads me to believe you are very new (even though this is your first build) to working on AR15 rifles.

Building your own AR is a great feeling of accomplishment, but it should be done right for the best results.  This goes for reliability and safety.  

The above picture is a great illustration to show which components are needed for a standard handguard setup.  I know you talked about a FF forend.  Some require removal of the barrel nut and others do not.  Check the posts here under the AR15 section.  There is a wealth of knowledge here.  Good Luck.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Make sure you do your research for proper assembly and seek help if in doubt.  No offense but some of the wording in your post leads me to believe you are very new (even though this is your first build) to working on AR15 rifles.

Building your own AR is a great feeling of accomplishment, but it should be done right for the best results.  This goes for reliability and safety.  

Mike

no offense taken ,yes i am fairly new on working on these beast's, i have read throught the assembly tack at the top on this forum and it seems to have a good step by step procendure on proper install. if i have trouble ill just ask ,

Thanks Guy's
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top