Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 9/24/2012 2:14:35 PM EST
I came across this barrel, along with a Daniel Defense M4 rail. It is stainless, and fluted, and has the divots (term?) for set screws for the gas block.

Other than the "P":

and "9 04 A"

there are no markings on it. Any idea of the manufacturer or other details?

Also, what are my options for gas blocks? I want a low profile block or a block with an integrated flip up sight.

Thanks,
Peengwin
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 2:30:44 PM EST
Old RRA? Not certain.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 2:34:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By warpig8654:
Old RRA? Not certain.

So far, Google searches tell me the "P" means it was proof fired. The numeric code eludes me, though.

The fluted area is parkerized, but forward of it is not. Maybe that will jog someone's memory.

I'd hate to be the one to stump arfcom...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 2:42:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By Peengwin:
Old RRA? Not certain.

So far, Google searches tell me the "P" means it was proof fired. The numeric code eludes me, though.

The fluted area is parkerized, but forward of it is not. Maybe that will jog someone's memory.

I'm thinking old RRA because the markings are over the chamber area with an "A" for chrome-moly Alloy. The "9" would mean 1/9 twist. However, it's missing the letter "N" or "W" for Nato or Wylde chamber, respectively. Your barrel is pretty close to those markings, though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:47:54 PM EST
Bump for the evening folks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:44:10 AM EST
One more bump.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:51:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2012 11:52:41 AM EST by RRAMODERATOR]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:34:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By Peengwin:
Old RRA? Not certain.

I'm thinking old RRA because the markings are over the chamber area with an "A" for chrome-moly Alloy. The "9" would mean 1/9 twist. However, it's missing the letter "N" or "W" for Nato or Wylde chamber, respectively. Your barrel is pretty close to those markings, though.

The code is a manufacture date code (month/year)
Top Top