Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2012 3:14:35 PM EDT
I came across this barrel, along with a Daniel Defense M4 rail. It is stainless, and fluted, and has the divots (term?) for set screws for the gas block.

Other than the "P":

and  "9 04 A"

there are no markings on it. Any idea of the manufacturer or other details?

Also, what are my options for gas blocks? I want a low profile block or a block with an integrated flip up sight.

Thanks,
Peengwin
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Old RRA? Not certain.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Old RRA? Not certain.

So far, Google searches tell me the "P" means it was proof fired. The numeric code eludes me, though.

The fluted area is parkerized, but forward of it is not. Maybe that will jog someone's memory.

I'd hate to be the one to stump arfcom...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old RRA? Not certain.

So far, Google searches tell me the "P" means it was proof fired. The numeric code eludes me, though.

The fluted area is parkerized, but forward of it is not. Maybe that will jog someone's memory.

I'm thinking old RRA because the markings are over the chamber area with an "A" for chrome-moly Alloy. The "9" would mean 1/9 twist. However, it's missing the letter "N" or "W" for Nato or Wylde chamber, respectively. Your barrel is pretty close to those markings, though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for the evening folks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#5]
One more bump.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Old RRA? Not certain.

I'm thinking old RRA because the markings are over the chamber area with an "A" for chrome-moly Alloy. The "9" would mean 1/9 twist. However, it's missing the letter "N" or "W" for Nato or Wylde chamber, respectively. Your barrel is pretty close to those markings, though.

The code is a manufacture date code (month/year)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top