Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 5:45:37 PM EDT
Ok guys heres my problem.  My Bushmaster 20 inch has a HB.  Would I be better off free floating it
and shooting it or buying a custom barrel like a  WOA SPR or PAC NOR?  I know if I am to tell much difference I have to use better ammo, like Black Hills.  My Bushmaster is 1-9  I would probably go to 1-7 with a match barrel.  I have a Leupold M4 tactical scope with Mil Dot for it 3.5-10 and a Larue mount.

The Bushmaster has probably about 50 rounds thru it.  I only sighted in a EOtech I had on it then moved the EO-tech to a Bushmaster M4 Carbine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
a custom bbl will probably be more accuarat then the bushmaster bbl.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:59:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
a custom bbl will probably be more accuarat then the bushmaster bbl.

of course unless your Jeff Rost or David Luders, you probably won't be able to detect the difference....

Mike
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
What your saying makes sense.  I do want to free float the barrel and ordered a block from midway for the front sight base removal.

I would like to get a Larue 12.0 or 13.2 rail but they are not in stock is there that much difference between Larue and Daniels Defense quality?  Is the gas block difficult to install properly?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I would free float your existing barrel and replace it with a better one when the barrel you have now is shot out.  Gas blocks are easy to install.  I have a DD 7.0 on a carbine and I really like it.  I'm sure a DD rifle length FF handguard will suit your needs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been to your site several times.  I find it a little confusing for my level of understanding of barrels.  Lets say I call you and want to build a custom upper to be scoped only for target shooting off a bench, what would you suggest?  No ranges close to me are over 200 yards.  I don`t mind 1-7 twist or even loading single shot with longer bullets, I just want accuracy.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top