Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 9:45:09 PM EST
Now that the ban is dead, how will dealers and manufacturers identify new product? I want a new 20 inch A3 Bushmaster how will it be advertised...post pre ban? post post ban? Just curious.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:15:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 10:28:58 PM EST by john316]
Since some states still have their own bans, it is likely that manufacturers will still make "post-ban"-style parts and accessories to fill that niche, though now smaller. As for those states without bans, I don't know that they have any designation (pre-ban doesn't quite fit anymore). I'm sure someone will cleaverly come up with one (poss. the BATF or the industry). Perhaps the name "pre-ban" will live on. The stigma and name "assault weapons" will, undoubtedly, stick forever. If the stigma were removed, things would be better all the way around. Unfortunately, the media uses it as a buzz-word that makes for good "reporting" when news is slow or lacks enough sensationalism. For politicians, it makes good campain fodder when the votes of the liberal, undecided, uninformed and/or easily persuaded masses are needed.

As for your questions about BM, the features themselves will set them apart. 10 years ago, Bushmaster advertised barrels and uppers by the features (and they appear to be doing this as I write). I imagine that all barrels and uppers will be advertised by a pic in "pre-ban" form with pretty much the same name (Bushmaster XM15-E2S Target Model) as a week ago, but also noted that they are available with or w/o bayonet lugs or flash suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:15:52 PM EST
Ignore this if it doesn't make sense but are you [AO] 4th Horsemen?
Top Top