Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/7/2003 6:57:30 PM EDT
I just put an ACOG TA01NSN on my Colt M4A3. I have another M4 with an Aimpoint ( Mark Brown custom for back up ), and thought I liked that, but I have now fallen in love with this ACOG.
I know that a back up iron sight would not work through the ACOG, but I would like to attach somthing behind it that I could use if the ACOG were to be broken. I was thinking about the A.R.M.S. # 40, but I thought I would ask you guys first, and see what you recomend. Any pictures of your setups would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Sorry that it took me so long to belive you guys about the ACOG's, but you were right AWSOME !! Just worried that I might get addicted to them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:17:11 PM EDT
I have an arms 40a under my acog ta01nsn on a throw lever mount works great no problems. My camera is at work so no picture today but I am sure someone has one out there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:28:30 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if the #40A would be too tall are not. How far forward is your sight, I was looking through my past Soldier of Fortune's, and guys have them mounted on all areas of the rail ? KZ
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:52:44 PM EDT
If you're looking to put an A.R.M.S. #40 behind/under your TA01NSN, you might want to consider getting a #19S mount to replace the stock mount (TA51?) that came with the scope. I just bought an NSN and #40 for my Armalite carbine. To my (ever so slight) regret, the BUIS doesn't quite fit that well under the ACOG. It does sit under the ocular portion of the scope, but with a little pressure on the BUIS. I've had to mount the ACOG well forward of the BUIS and shoot with the charging handle almost wedged into my right nostril - which even still results in almost too much eye relief to be able to use the scope comfortably. If you get the #19S (which is slightly taller), you should have more than enough clearance to fit the #40 under the ACOG. hsld. BTW, I've given up on the combo (not wanting to spend the extra cash on the #19S). The ACOG will go on my LE6920 (which will get a new MAD BUIS or something similarly lower profile) and the #40 will eventually be used with a new Aimpoint or Eotech on my Armalite.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:57:30 PM EDT
Optima 2000 on top of the ACOG. [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17924[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:28:40 PM EDT
I've seen the optima set up before. It looks sweet, how do you mount it ? Is it difficult to get used to switching between the ACOG and optima when needed ? Nice setup ! Thanks, KZ
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:24:37 PM EDT
KZ45, I think you can still get the mount for the Optima (or Docter Optics sight) from www.specwargear.com . I haven't tried one (yet), but it looks to be a sound setup... hsld.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:25:59 PM EDT
Raptor, that's an awesome setup. Could I have a setup similiar to that if I don't have a flat top?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:32:08 PM EDT
The ARMS 19s mount fits next to the #40 like they were made to fit togather, which looks very nice. They don't touch, but are contoured to fit togather perfectly. My TA11 ACOG sits above the #40 with no contact. I can pull off the ACOG with one throw lever, shoot irons, and remount the ACOG with truly no loss of zero. The ARMS gear is top notch. Nuts{WoC}
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:23:19 AM EDT
Thanks for all of your help on this subject ! I think I'll go the whole show. 19s Optima A.R.M.S. # 40 Looks like a sweet set up. Dose anyone know if the #40A will work without touching also ? I'd rather go with it if possable.
Top Top