Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 2:06:42 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the BMAS free float tube?  I currently use an ARMS #45, and have recently purchased a RAS-II and was wondering how the BMAS would compare to the aforementioned rail systems.  Thanks.

The Azalin  
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your money!
Jack
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Since we're on the subject, what about the FF tube with rails from Fulton Armory?

What are some of the differences between the "military grade" FF handguards and the less expensive ones on the market?  I know the FIRSH uses a clamp to prevent it from rotating and one-piece tubes can't be indexed very easily but what about the ones that have a separate barrel nut (such as the one from Fulton Armory)?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The Cmore tubes sold by Fulton are heavy and they suffer from the same problems mentione above. I bought one and wound up selling it and buying a knights FFRAS which I have been pleased as punch with. Save your pennies and buy the best. You will be happier in the long run.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Cmore tubes sold by Fulton are heavy and they suffer from the same problems mentioned above....Save your pennies and buy the best.
View Quote

Ok.  From a design point of view, why are they better?  How do they prevent those problems?

I can see how attaching the RAS to the top rail of the receiver would help reinforce the mounting and would prevent it from rotating but what about the other FF handguards that just attach with a barrel nut?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The most rigid one and always in perfect alignment with the receiver, plus about the easiest to install with no gun smithing is the SIR C systems. More versitile via selecting where and if you want rails, and cooler in rapid fire. They just cost a little more.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
That makes sense.  Thanks for the info guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top