Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2004 3:50:03 PM EDT
I need some help from you all.  I have a TA11D that I will have on a flattop mount on my new M16A4 that I am getting today.  My buddy has a TA31A that he will have mounted on his carry handle.  We are going to the BZO range on the 19th of Aug and will hopefully have some rounds to sight in our optics.  It is the standard USMC BZO range which I think is about 36 meters.  Where should each of us sight in our ACOGs?  Right now I am thinking that I will just use the base of the triangle since it is a 300m BZO.   I just did not know how much the distance from the bore axis will change things due to us being so close to the target, especially for my friend.

Thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
supanate7,
my ta31 is zero'd @ 100m , top of donut, middle 200m, bottom donut 300, etc.... just like the manual reads.
for close up , i  use bac and use 600m as reference point.  there is more info if you do a search on this topic. don't have a ta11, but i'm sure someone here can answer it for you.
god speed , keep safe, and thank you for your service.

meat
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Sight in both reticles using the bottom of the triangle at 36m and you will be good to 300m. For the flattop 20", try sighting in almost an inch low at 36m. That will give you a trajectory that is less than the thickness of the crosshair out to 600m (assuming 62gr M855).
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot for the quick response!!  We only got to BZO our irons, but will have a chance to zero the optics once we get to our firm base.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top