Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 4:17:24 AM EDT
I just tried bump firing my bushmaster the other day after reading about it and all i have to say about it is holy shit this is cool. I got the full auto effect without any illegal modifications. I'm hooked on this. Here's a question. Are there any damages that can occur when bump firing an ar15, like slam fire etc? I don't think so but just checking. I'm letting the barrel cool properly and haven't had any problems except poeple calling the police saying they are hearing machine gun fire in middle of the night which is totally legal where i'm at. Anyone else experience this rush and if not maybe you should try it. It's like unleashing the full potential of these bad ass rifles...BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
how do u bump fire?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump firing is done from the the hip.  You basically keep your right arm and index finger stationay, and fire the gun by applying continuous pressure forward with your left hand on the handguard.  The concept is that your right arm is stationary, so when you press the gun foward, your index finger hits the trigger.  The recoil moves the gun back, but because you are still applying forward pressure with your left hand, your index finger immediately hits the trigger again.

I have done this many times with may SAR-1 (AK-47 clone).  A friend of mine did it with his Bushy as well.  It isn't accurate and wastes a lot of ammo.  Basically, the only reason to do it is just to hear what full auto sounds and feels like.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bump firing is done from the the hip.  

It isn't accurate and wastes a lot of ammo.  Basically, the only reason to do it is just to hear what full auto sounds and feels like.  
View Quote

It gets a lot more 'aimable' once you can bump from the shoulder. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got the full auto effect without any illegal modifications.
View Quote

"full auto effect" generally includes aiming, and absolute, positive control of the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]

It mimics full auto but has about half the cyclic rate of true full auto fire. You can hurt you barrel only if you do it excessively and heat your barrel up without letting it cool enough between mags. Make sure your action is well lubricated so you don't wear it excessively if you are "bumping".
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want an unreal rate of fire try using a T handle allen wrench, put the handle on the trigger and pull the long wrench portion.  I've run my colt at close to full cyclic rate for an entire beta C mag.   Sure it's a waste of ammo but it was alot of fun doing it!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
ever since sparsky and legs taught me at the hun farm......its the only way to go. infact i got my AK for the sole purpose of BUMPin.  The AR is better funner to bump, but the AK is cheaper to bump.   Infact guys I have practiced alot and i can now bump a 20+ round mag from my shoulder.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Be damn careful where the rounds go. I had an incident, not once, but twice, over the years, where some yahoo doing either bump firing, or using a burst device has put rounds over my head while I was tending targets on the adjacent range. While there was no real danger - there is a fairly thick berm between the 2 ranges, it is VERY unnerving to hear rounds whizzing literally 5-10 feet above your head.

It was enough to make me go prone and crawl for cover the first time, and the second time, I crouched down, looked back and tried to make sure someone wasn't going psycho and using aimed fire at us.

Be CAREFUL, please.  Accuracy is basically non-existent with this method.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]
1 of the local AR15.com'ers to me took another members rifle and rattled 30 so fast without a pause from an 11.5/5.5 that it kind of a hoot to see and hear. Definitly something that needs to be do close to a proper backstop. I kinda cringed when I seen the muzzle up in the air and nothing impacting the dirt.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top