Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/20/2009 1:10:39 PM EST
I am in the process of swapping my teams' fixed carry handle full auto 14.5 Bushmasters for flattops. As money is tight for us like everyone else, I need you guys opinions on a good folding rear BUIS that is stout enough to be used as the primary rear sight for now, but will be out of the way when our Eotechs arrive. I have a fixed LMT and a Promag folder that I like, but I do not want a fixed rear sight when the optics get put on and the Promag just doesn't cut it as a full time rear sight. Any folding BUIS that you guys can think of that will hold up as a primary for now without breaking the bank? (I have 10 carbines to swap out)
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:15:31 PM EST
Troy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:33:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Troy.

/thread
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:15:55 PM EST
Loctite a Troy on and you are good to good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:02:26 PM EST
+1 Troy

I have two Troy BUIS on my carbines and sometimes I remove my optics and just practice using only with the BUIS, they have a very robust design which could be used for a primary rear sight.

Another feature I like about the Troy is that the windage adjustment knob are recessed and cannot easily be accidentally mis adjusted or fooled around with, when zeroing just use a small pin punch, bullet tip or the Troy BattleSight adjustment tool.

They're standard issue on some factory ARs like S&W, Noveske, LaRue, Ruger, etc., they are also available with special logos like BCM, S&W M&P, Noveske, LaRue, Spikes Tactical, etc.

Install using blue Loctite, let it cure for an entire day and they're ready for use.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:15:29 PM EST
That's what I don't like about the Promag, windage adjustment is way too sensitive. I'll check it out.
Top Top