Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 11/1/2004 8:48:59 AM EST
I've got a midlength upper coming from Giffman's Group Buy, with the flattop. I am having the hardest time deciding between a folding or fixed BUIS. My experience with these: Owned a DPMS fixed A2; (2) ARMS 40s; KAC 300M. I EVENTUALLY want to put an EOTech on the rail, but will probably ride irons for awhile. That is why a fixed rear seems appealing, as i'd like something sturdy for now. However, i don't want to buy a fixed, only to have to put in on the EE later to buy a folding.

Soooooo...i think the happy medium is a locking, folding BUIS. That narrows it down to Troy or GGG. I have only seen pics of the Troy, and no one seems to want to part with their single app. Troy. Opinions? suggestions?

As for the ARMS 40: i spent some time sighting this thing in to my satisfaction using the Santose Method, 1.2" low at 25 yards. After getting everything dialed in, i flipped to the small peep just to compare sights, and the windage knob moved 1-2 clicks! Does anyone else's do that? I guess I'll NEVER flip to the smaller peep, if it's going to drift me!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:54:15 AM EST
nevermind on the first part, just found the BUIS faq!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:02:29 AM EST
Sometimes the aperture on a new sight will be tighter on the thread than a widage knob detents. Hold the knob and move the aperture back and forth a few times to work it in. This happens occasionally on all widage knobs, to include M16A2 carry handle models.
Jack
Top Top