Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2004 1:01:33 PM EDT
With all the threads about Eothechs, I am little lost.  Could some one suggest the top few options for mounts that will work with an Eotech 550 AA on a A3 Carbine?  I have seen a lot of posts about the Larue mount.  Are there any others to consider?  

Also, could some one suggest the top few BUIS options that will allow Co-witness with the above configuration?  I really like the look of the ARMS #40, but I am not sure if it will work.  Of course, I know that Larue makes BUIS that will work with their mount, but I really don’t want the BUIS to be on a thumb slide.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you mount your EOTech directly to the flat top, an ARMS 40 will co-witness perfectly. (IE: the 1 moa dot will be on top of the front sight post.)
If you use the LaRue QR mount. the irons will be in the bottom of the field of view of the sight. Not the same as a true co-witness, but you can see the BUIS through the EOTech without removing it. The LaRue mount is nice but optional. Get your EOTech and ARMS 40 first and add the LaRue later.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I am definitely going with the ARMS 40L.  I will take your suggestion and try the EOTech 550 AA without a riser first and see how it goes.  Can any one suggestion a store that might carry these items?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going with an EOTech, not sure which model yet, with a LaRue mount and a LaRue BUIS.  Sounds to be the best combo so far, to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Ultimately, I wish I could afford the ACOG.  However, after ordering a Bushy superlight carbine yesterday, spending another thousand on an ACOG would put my marriage in jeopardy.  Considering runner up options, I like the reticule and low profile of the EOTech.  Now, the only issue is finding any one who actually has these darn things in stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought my EOTech 512 and LaRue mount from Grant and couldn't be happier (and I don't think you'll find better prices on either product).

I too, wish I could afford/obtain an ACOG.  You should know, however, that EOTech is slated to release (after Christmas?) a 3.75 magnifying optic that will work in conjunction with an existing EOTech.  Theoretically, that should give me very similar capabilities to an ACOG setup.

BTW, I purchase the LaRue mount for a couple of reasons:

1.  Quick release capabilities for the EOTech
2.  Allows me to still use my BUIS, but drops them into the lower 1/3 of the window (my personal preference)
3.  Is already provisioned to accept the soon-to-be-released magnifying optic

All-in-all, a very nice setup...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top