Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:18:05 AM EDT
Can I use BUID of different brands in the front and rear?  For example, ARMS 40 front and say a BM rear?  They should all be at the same level right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
You can find "most" BUIS  options HERE
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can I use BUID of different brands in the front and rear?  For example, ARMS 40 front and say a BM rear?  They should all be at the same level right?

I think you have it backwards (#40 rear with a BM FSB). Generally yes, but you might run into the need for a taller front sight post...

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/9349056-m.asp

C4

You are right sir, I had it mixed up.  I orderd a ARMS 50 rear and currently have a BM FSB.

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you have it backwards (#40 rear with a BM FSB). Generally yes, but you might run into the need for a taller front sight post...

C4

Will the #40 rear work with a standard/stationary front site post?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, they are issue sights with many US units, and friendly armies.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Will the #40 rear work with a standard/stationary front site post?

Some will tell you that you may need a taller front sight post. I did not need one, and have yet to hear of someone who did. It may be a solution to a problem that does not exist. YMMV and I am sure that someone will chime in if they had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C4

Thanks again for this, just found out that the ARMS40 DOES indeed sit too high!  This part should help!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Backwards again, the #40 is a standard military issue REAR sight, hence can't be too tall. What ever you are trying to make go with it, or combo of, is causing the problem.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Backwards again, the #40 is a standard military issue REAR sight, hence can't be too tall. What ever you are trying to make go with it, or combo of, is causing the problem.
Jack

If the POI is higher than the POA, isn't the rear too high?

Bushmaster M4-type carbine, standard front iron posts + ARMS40.

I noticed that there's a ARMS 40L, I think that I should've bought this.  However, the ARMS40 is perfect on my Colt LE6920, so I may just buy another 40L for the bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Bushmaster seem to be the only one with a once in awhile problem. and the only company that recomend a taller front sight post might be needed. Bushmaster are not a supplier to the US military, the # 40's are, and I believe that Bushmaster use the same front sight housing ht. on their carbine as thier rifle, it doesn't work that way. for instance, Colt issue M4 carbines use a taller front sight housing, because trig. dictates you must as the barrel/ frt. sight gets closer to a rear sight. Colt sells M4's to the US military that also use the #40's and the Colt M4 issue weapons do not need or use a taller front sight post.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Bushmaster seem to be the only one with a once in awhile problem. and the only company that recomend a taller front sight post might be needed. Bushmaster are not a supplier to the US military, the # 40's are, and I believe that Bushmaster use the same front sight housing ht. on their carbine as thier rifle, it doesn't work that way. for instance, Colt issue M4 carbines use a taller front sight housing, because trig. dictates you must as the barrel/ frt. sight gets closer to a rear sight. Colt sells M4's to the US military that also use the #40's and the Colt M4 issue weapons do not need or use a taller front sight post.
Jack

Thank you for the info!  So I guess the ARMS40 will go on the Colt then.

Any suggestions on what I can get for the bushmaster that doesn't require the taller front sight post?  Or should I just choke up the 11 bucks and get the taller front sight post?  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Bushmaster also sell the #40, because it does work on them, most of them without a taller front sight post being needed. It's no big deal. just by the taller front sight post for $5.00 bucks and your good to go.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I dont know what it is but some Bushmasters I have never needed the taller front site post, others did? Weird...

I am the poster boy for murphy's law.  If crap like this has happened before, it's guaranteed to happen to me.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top