Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2003 10:37:38 AM EDT
As per my previous posts, I am parts shopping for my first build, a 16" postban RRA A4.  I will need a BUIS for my rifle, and as I would love to get a SIR system for it I believe only the ARMS 40 BUIS will work.  I'm wondering though if I will have any front sight height problems?  Are the two compatabe or will I need to change the front sight post?  Any suggestions on other quality BUIS that I should also consider?  Thanks as always!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
As you say, only the #40 will work with the SIR handguard. As for needing a taller sight post....some guys, do, and some don't. My dissipator barrel flattop didn't, but when I switched to an M4 barrel on the same upper receiver, it did. I'd go ahead and get one, just in case; hell, they're only around $5. Even if you don't get a SIR, the ARMS #40 is, IMHO, the best folding BUIS around. I prefer the one with the standard aperture, myself.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a Bushmaster you'll need a taller front sight post.

I ended up using the Trijicon front sight post. It is taller than the stock Bushy post.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top