Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 9:06:45 PM EDT
what can i expect from a bsa red dot sight as far as accuracy? i was thinking of putting one my car 16" carbine. any opinions on it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your money and buy an EOTech.  No comparison.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
EOTech is better.
ACOG is even better.

Does that mean that a BSA doesn't work ?

I think that there's a middle ground to be had. If you put a BSA on your AR, I would not trust my life to it. That being said, a Tasco is exactly what I have on a detachable riser bar on my AR most of the time. Why ? I can't afford an EOTech right now, and for PLINKING, it works just fine. Heck, I'd be willing to bet that if I had my rifle next to me when a bad guy walks through the front door, that I'd be able to assist him to the afterlife fairly easily. Would I expect the same scope to work if I was outside for an extended period of time, through rain, mud and other crap? I don't think so.

So yes, a $300 scope is better than a $50 scope, but not everyone needs the $300 scope. I've had a lot of fun shooting with mine FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a BSA red dot on my AK-47.  I think it is a piece of shit.  Depending on how I look though the thing my shots are very unreliable.  I am pretty sure it is the red dot and not the gun.  I am going to put a different scope on the AK sometime just to make sure.

With that being said I would stay away from one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top