Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2005 6:24:04 PM EDT
On September 15th I was given a Citation for "Discharge of a Firearm in City limits". I went to court today the 27th for the citation.

I didn't expect much, probably a $100 to $300 fine but instead I was given a $750 fine, 40 hours C/S, take a hunter safety course,probation and have all this has to be done in less than 60 days or I'll get 1 year probation.

I guess these "Evil Rifles" have some drawbacks. The judge was pissed b/c It was a "very Dangerous gun " and other guns aren't dangerous?

Now your probably thinking I was shooting my AR15 in broad daylight at wal-mart or something but I was up on top of a mountain. The town was below in the valley and they could hear the bump firing action and you can guess what they thought.

Oh yeah, it was my birthday when I was given my un-holy citation.

Fucking BS

MATTDAWG
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
that sucks Beo, but don't blame the "evil rifle", it did what it was supposed to do, scare the townsfolk and bring the police.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On September 15th I was given a Citation for "Discharge of a Firearm in City limits". I went to court today the 27th for the citation.
I didn't expect much, probably a $100 to $300 fine but instead I was given a $750 fine, 40 hours C/S, take a hunter safety course,probation and have all this has to be done in less than 60 days or I'll get 1 year probation.
I guess these "Evil Rifles" have some drawbacks. The judge was pissed b/c It was a "very Dangerous gun " and other guns aren't dangerous?
Now your probably thinking I was shooting my AR15 in broad daylight at wal-mart or something but I was up on top of a mountain. The town was below in the valley and they could hear the bump firing action and you can guess what they thought.
Oh yeah, it was my birthday when I was given my un-holy citation.
Fucking BS
MATTDAWG

Well, were you inside the city limits or not?  Unfortunately it is your responsibility to make sure you are shooting where it is allowed.  Better to stick to an established range, public hunting/shooting area, or private property you know to be in an unregulated rural area.  If in doubt, don't risk it.  Sounds like you learned a very expensive lesson, but in some places it could have been worse, you could have had your rifle confiscated and possibly lost your right to own firearms in some jurisdictions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, for what that cost you, you could of used the $750 towards a good attorney to avoid the C/S, hunter safety course and probation...

Oh, and hey, I bet you wont ever do that again
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you got what you deserved.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like you got what you deserved.

Werd. Goto a range if you want to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Questions:

Were you not aware of the law?

What were you shooting at?

What was your backstop?

Whose property were you shooting on?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#7]
When hillbillies become cops..... But firing a gun in city limits...? That just aint no good.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on here guys, he was a victim of liberal propaganda. its not any more dangerous than any other rifle, probably even less so. You could get a bunch of bullets for what that ticket cost.hough

Edit, ^^ double negative up there??
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Come on here guys, he was a victim of liberal propaganda. its not any more dangerous than any other rifle, probably even less so. You could get a bunch of bullets for what that ticket cost. bumping probably wasnt a good idea though

Edit, ^^ double negative up there??

nor was it in a city limits. know the laws folks and you wont have to post BS threads
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#11]
BS is what applies to your thread being posted in this section.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#12]

You could have bought a suppressor for that and never have been noticed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, were you inside the city limits or not?  Unfortunately it is your responsibility to make sure you are shooting where it is allowed.  Better to stick to an established range, public hunting/shooting area, or private property you know to be in an unregulated rural area.  If in doubt, don't risk it.  Sounds like you learned a very expensive lesson, but in some places it could have been worse, you could have had your rifle confiscated and possibly lost your right to own firearms in some jurisdictions.

Yes I could of had my rifle impounded and it would have been another $500 to get it out but the judge was blackmailing me. If I did all the things he asked (40hrs CO/S, $750, take a hunters safety course and have it all done in 60 days) he would give me my gun back. If I pleaded Not guilty he was going to take my gun and still charge me $750 plus the $500 if I wanted my gun back.

The stupid thing about this is the cop who gave me my citation was trying to get me off the hook by giving me a "traffic citation." I could either go to court or pay a fine and he was going to give my gun back to my the next day I just had to come and pick it up.

When I called to pay the fine the next day(Friday) I talked to the secretary and she said It wasn't in their computer yet and  to call back Monday. After I hung up with her she went and told the judge about my case and the judge ordered me to court. If he wouldn't have ordered me to court I would of probably just paid a $100 to $300 fine.

I certainly learned a lesson the hard way. Don't  ever take a gun out to shoot unless you have permission because land is always owned my someone.

Matt

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#14]

And make sure to post the judges name in the GA forum and another reminder when he is up for re-election. You need a pro-gun judge replacement.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Indeed
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top