Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/15/2003 5:26:30 PM EDT
I have been aflicted with Black Rifle Disease for a few years now. It is well doccumented, and all the signs are there. Extra mags in the night stand, dresser now filled with spare parts, and a stock pile of ammo that threatens to fall through the floor into the basement.

Now it would seem as though I have some new form of disease which I have previously only read about. Horsepower syndrome, or HPS for short. I just bought a Turbo Tbird a couple of months ago, and it is taking the same course as the BRD.

I need to know if there is any known cure for any of these diseases, as the need to buy one of the new Bushmaster carbon 15 pistols, and a new obscenly large turbo threaten my very existance.

Protect yourself while you can, as it seems to be quite infectious.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:36:15 PM EDT
The horsepower thing never goes away.I bought a 68 camaro with a 350 in it,it was pretty much stock.1 winter in the garage with the wrenches I had to build a 327.About 4 grand later the camaro now sports a 450 horse 327,and if it wernt for the wife bringing me back to reality it would of had a 454 I had my eye on.So I know your pain and there is no hope.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:12:10 PM EDT
Its probably good that she was aware of what you are doing before you started with the big block money pit. I have met several guys who have a similar story, but an ex-wife, and a big block, blown, nitrus fed.....
Top Top