Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 6:03:31 PM EDT
I JUST COMPLETED MY MODEL 1 PISTOL AR AND THE RECOIL/BUFFER ASSEMBLY OF THE PISTOL IS NEW TO ME AND I HAD TO TRIM ABOUT 3 INCHES OF THE DAMN SPRING OFF TO GET IT TO WORK RIGHT WITHOUT BINDING ON ME WHEN I PUT IT TOGETHER. ANYWAYS WHEN I HIT THE RELEASE(FOR MAXIMUM ENERGY)IT SOMETIMES WONT CLOSE COMPLETELY, I DONT KNOW IF IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE FOR IT TO ACTUALLY BOUNCE BACK JUST A TAD OR IS IT NOT ENOUGH FORCE FROM THE SRPING. IT CLOSES WITH QUITE A BIT OF FORCE BUT STILL DOESNT CLOSE ALL THE WAY SOMETIMES AND WHEN I DISSASEMBLE AND CLOSE BY HAND ITS VERY EASY AND SMOOTH OPERATION. BUT WHEN I CLOSE WITH THE RELEASE OR JUST RELEASING THE CHARGING HANDLE IT SOMETIMES WONT CLOSE COMPLETELY MAKING IT MORE A SINGLE SHOT RIFLE=-(

ANY IDEAS OR COMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS, JEREMY
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ANY IDEAS OR COMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
View Quote

[img]http://www.advantexcom.net/~quino/odd/capslock.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you work for MSTN?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
ok smart asses that kinda shit right there just plain pisses me off, all i asked for was a lil damn freakin help ya know. keep all that bullcorn to yourself if thats all you have to offer and find another place to post cuz you must be idiots or something
thanks for nothing damnit
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Relax.... it's all in good fun.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
well its pissing me off cuz every time i hit the release i have to hit the forward assist to get it to close completely on a live round. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
man the more i look at this thing it seems to be bouncing back almost cuz sometimes i can pull the damn thing back about an inch and it will completely close, and other times when i retract it completely it wont close all the way, NOW WHATS UP WITH THAT?!
jeremy
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know about the pistol configuration specifically but I have seen the same problem on rifles as a result of installing the gas tube upside down.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
First, remove the hammer from the lower, then try the bolt cycle. If it works, try a different hammer. In my case the hammer was bent. (slamfire- broke the receiver extension and the bolt carrier, also)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of Mags were using? I had the same prolem with a ten round mag.My GI 20's and 30's work perfect.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#10]
1st of all those pistol buffer thingys are nothing but trouble.  

I doubt the issue is bolt bounce.  This would be the first I've ever heard of such a phenomenon.

If anything I'ld suspect a new, and somewhat sticky bolt/bolt carrier combo that finaly worked itself out and now you have too weak a spring.

Edited to add: Lighten up.  Learn to find humor in even the most terrible of circumstances.  This way, if nothing else, you'll die with a smile on your face.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks for the replies the hammer idea is what im about to try, sounds good anyways...(does this with no magazine, even worse with one inserted)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
didn't work.. gonna try and pick up another spring this weekend at the show.
Thanks anyway
Jeremy
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, but I have to say that the CAPSLOCK image was funny!

I do hope you get the problem figured out, and that you post the solution to it when you do.  My AR had a very tight bolt, but after a few hundred rounds, it acts nice and loose (it extends when I flick it down towards the ground in my hand).  When it was new, it was hard to even move the bolt within the carrier.  It worked, but with much difficulty (by hand).  The odd part was that it never malfunctioned on me; it always locked right in.  Go figure...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a similar problem with a carbine. It was due to a "hooked" hammer. Solution: Get out the grinder.
.....Oh and RELAX!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok I'm not trying to get anyone's dander up.  I thought the caps lock picture was funny too.

It's been known since the inception of bulletin boards, chat lines, news groups etc... that typing a word in all caps is meant for emphasis, typing an entire message in all caps means you're shouting.

Just food for thought.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top