Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/12/2002 9:59:07 PM EDT
Well after it sat in the safe for a year & dragged the BETA MAG out, loaded it up & shot 100rds through a Bushy Dissipator upper.
It took a while. I tried to take little breaks so as not to get the barrel to hot. in fact I had removed the top handguard before I started. Anyway it ran flaelessly & I had not problems through the entire 100rds of XM193.

After I finished though I noticed that the feed tower had a nice grove worn into it already. I was surprised this happened after just one session. I have one spare feed tower & I think I can order more but is this normal wear ??

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 10:26:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:25:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Troy:

Originally Posted By cnatra:
is this normal wear ??

Yes, it is. That's why you were supplied a 2nd feed tower. And, yes, you can buy more of the type that you have. It is just not legal to change the feed tower to one that fits a different type of gun.
-Troy

So any idea what the life span of a feed tower is ??

I hope more than a few hundred rounds!
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:32:53 PM EDT
Don't worry. The groove is normal.

I have fired over 10,000 rounds out of one mag and have never replaced the feed tower. I do stock them and are easy to change (Only AR-15 ones are pre-ban)

Enjoy it.

Ruben
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:27:06 PM EDT
Thanks for your info Ruben!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:59:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ruben-Mendiola:
Don't worry. The groove is normal.

I have fired over 10,000 rounds out of one mag and have never replaced the feed tower. I do stock them and are easy to change (Only AR-15 ones are pre-ban)
Enjoy it.
Ruben

Thanks Ruben! I bought mine from you ladt year & finally took it out & shot it a couple of weeks ago. It worked great!
Top Top