Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2005 4:46:13 AM EDT
I AM A NEW MEMBER TO THE SITE, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THE SITE IS GREAT.  I WAS WONDERING IF YOU GUYS COULD HELP ME MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION ON GUN CHOICE.    I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE BUSHMASTER,COLT AND ARMALITE.  WHICH GUN WOULD BE THE BEST FOR A BEGINER?   ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.

what do you plan on using the gun for?  Those manufacturers make alot of different AR rifles.
Your gonna have to do some more research so you know what you want before we can start to help you.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
They are all quality brands. Pick the one that  most closley fills your needs. Shoot alot and dont forget to have fun with it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the Bushmaster is probably the better beginners choice for the following reasons

A) the company has everything for the shooter, meaning you do not have to rely on other parties to get exactly what you want.

Note: The most popular choice- regardless of maker- is the carbine (short barreled rifle, usually 16") and overwhelmingly in a flat-top configuration or A3. This is based on giving you open-ended options for later. ie optics, etc.

B) Bushmaster has very good customer service. The others do as well, but BM has a more "active" desk

C) Cost. The Colt is a better product, but differences are very subtle, and the newbie cannot differentiate the margins. Therefore it would be a bit more money unnecessarily spent.

Lastly, I would d go as far as to say the Bushmaster "Patrolman's Carbine, in A3 would be the one if I were buying my first. It has it all. and is reasonably priced. Oh crap!. Just noticed your from Jersey.

You need to cast a vote for the Republicans fist, since thoise commies have limited your options

This site has a wealth of information available, and dependable sources for Bushmaster products (don't buy the rifle direct from Bushmaster, as it will cost about 10% more than a dealer. This is a great dealer and has the BM products for less than most--->Knesek guns )

Look around, ask specific questions and join in on the fun!!

Welcome to AR15.com

and by the way........ALL CAPS is frowned upon 'round here  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys, my use is for shooting around for fun at the local range. not competition or anything like that.  Sorry about the caps, bad habit from work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys, my use is for shooting around for fun at the local range. not competition or anything like that.  Sorry about the caps, bad habit from work.

If I could do it over again I would have built my first one.  Saves good amount of money and the experience is priceless. I sold my first bushy and built my new M4gery.  Cost difference=$230.  Thats a nice chunk of change and this one is build with m4 ramps, 1/7 twist and a mil spec stock.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:16:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the BRD!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Greeting and welcome aboard. I agree with Stretch - Build it; don't just buy it. It's a lot of fun ferreting out bargains on the EE, it'f both fun and rewarding building the weapon, and you'll really learn a lot about AR's (Do you know the difference beween a barrel extensionand a receiver extension?? Six months ago I didn't either). Also, if you do find the real bargains on the EE, you will save $200-300 over buying a new gun. And lastly, you can configure the gun exactly the way YOU want it. Have fun!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
remember your ABC's

Always
Buy
Colt

And please, turn caps lock off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Being in NJ you'd be stuck with a 'post ban' type,  take a look at the Bushy models.

BTW this site is currently selling a M4 type Bushmaster at a really good price, and they can sell it in NJ legal form. Better hurry they stop taking orders on Oct 14th www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=122
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BEGINER

BEGINNER?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#11]
BEGINNNER?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top