Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/27/2006 3:31:12 PM EST
I just recieved a Beeman Short Scope III with an AR-15 mount as a gift. After exhaustive searching on the web I have found very little info about these scopes, other than they are rare and of high quality.

Anyone have any input for me?

Thanks, John
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:20:48 PM EST
I think I know what you are talking about. I have one but I'm too lazy to go see what model it is. Short, black, 3x with an orange "button" on top? If so I like it a lot. Mine was basically given to me. The elevation adjustment was stripped out when I got it but I sent it to Beeman and they fixed it. Took about 4 months but it works now. Nice and clear. I think it was supposed to have been made by Hakko for them. I've had it on several different guns in the past but I think it it is going to end up on my Daewoo K2. The only one I've seen for sale they wanted about $150 for (I think). Local SWAT team use to use them on HK53s and liked them I'm told (by a team member). Sorry to ramble.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:31:04 PM EST
Ok, I looked at mine and it's a SS2L Beeman Blue Ribbon 3x21.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:22:11 AM EST
The Beeman SS series of scopes are indeed of high quality. My dad's gun shop sold quite a few during the eighties.

I still have my SS-2, which I've mounted on my 10/22 of all places.

I have an original mount for the SS series scopes on the equipment exchange, but it is for the Mini-14.

If memory serves, the SS3 is quite a bit smaller than the SS2. One of the scopes in the series was rubber armored; I forget which one.
Top Top