Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/27/2009 12:53:05 PM EDT
I was just curious if anyone has had any issues with the BDM magazines, I am about to pull the trigger on a spikes tactical conversion for my AR. I was looking at the magazines and I know from experience with my Ruger 10/22 that magazines with plastic feed lips are unreliable and don’t last long before they begin to wear. The BDM magazines also look to have plastic feed lips, I know this is a completely different platform but I was just curious if anyone had had any issues.

Thanks,
Joe
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:02:47 PM EDT
Best you can buy. Spend a little time scrolling thorugh the pages of this section of the forum adn you'll find tons of info on them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:12:12 PM EDT
IMHO - It it wasnt for the BDM a LOT of ciener conversion users would not be as happy these days.. they really helped to improve the ciener reliability.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:31:37 PM EDT
I think Kevin must have stock in Ciener as many kits as he has caused to be bought by selling BDMs. Or he should be getting a kickback from JAC from it if he isn't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:04:08 PM EDT
I have one of the first magazines send out to be tried out. It has over 3000 rds thru it and still going strong.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:48:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thatguy:
IMHO - It it wasnt for the BDM a LOT of ciener conversion users would not be as happy these days.. they really helped to improve the ciener reliability.

Brian

+1

I'm one of those happy people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:35:12 PM EDT
A problem that a few reported is the spring getting past the guide and wedging between the follower and magazine wall. It's not a big deal as it's easily corrected.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:12:08 PM EDT
A bolt on replaceable feed lip section would be trick. You can wear a BD mag out, the feed lips wear and the rounds stick straight up. Maybe I'll make one up in the shop one night.
Top Top