Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:53:05 PM EDT
I was just curious if anyone has had any issues with the BDM magazines, I am about to pull the trigger on a spikes tactical conversion for my AR.  I was looking at the magazines and I know from experience with my Ruger 10/22 that magazines with plastic feed lips are unreliable and don’t last long before they begin to wear.  The BDM magazines also look to have plastic feed lips, I know this is a completely different platform but I was just curious if anyone had had any issues.

Thanks,
Joe
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Best you can buy.  Spend a little time scrolling thorugh the pages of this section of the forum adn you'll find tons of info on them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO - It it wasnt for the BDM a LOT of ciener conversion users would not be as happy these days.. they really helped to improve the ciener reliability.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Kevin must have stock in Ciener as many kits as he has caused to be bought by selling BDMs.  Or he should be getting a kickback from JAC from it if he isn't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the first magazines send out to be tried out. It has over 3000 rds thru it and still going strong.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
IMHO - It it wasnt for the BDM a LOT of ciener conversion users would not be as happy these days.. they really helped to improve the ciener reliability.

Brian

+1

I'm one of those happy people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
A problem that a few reported is the spring getting past the guide and wedging between the follower and magazine wall.  It's not a big deal as it's easily corrected.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#7]
A bolt on replaceable feed lip section would be trick. You can wear a BD mag out, the feed lips wear and the rounds stick straight up. Maybe I'll make one up in the shop one night.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top