Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 1:30:36 PM EDT
I'm looking at an spr type build. Still trying to decide between 16 or 18 " barrel. What are your opinions of the above mentioned barrels as to accuracy , longevity, etc. ? I also like the looks of the Noveske Recon match barrel , but it's a little pricy for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a BCM.  You will not find a better barrel for the price, period.  If you knew who made them for BCM, lets just say it wouldnt even be a question.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Get a BCM.  You will not find a better barrel for the price, period.  If you knew who made them for BCM, lets just say it wouldnt even be a question.

Are you allowed to share that information?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If you poke around BCM's industry section its there I suppose but I'd rather not be the one.

I can tell you that if you knew who it was you'd be shocked that they only cost 300 bucks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Get a BCM.  You will not find a better barrel for the price, period.  If you knew who made them for BCM, lets just say it wouldnt even be a question.[/quote]

Do you have personal experience with the BCM ss410 barrel ?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
OP did you see this thread.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I learn towards White Oak. They've been serving the rifle match crowd for years with a top notch rep.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I some how forgot to mention that I am also looking at the Rainier ultramatch barrel.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are going to shoot match ammo they will all satisfy you. If you are going to shoot ball ammo, buy the cheapest one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#9]

If you are going to shoot match ammo they will all satisfy you. If you are going to shoot ball ammo, buy the cheapest one.[/quote]

I roll my own ammo thats why I'm looking at match grade barrels.  Guess I'm just an accuaracy nut. 1 1/2" at 100 is all I can get out of my S&w mp15. I know this isn't bad , but I want moa or better
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Unless BCM barrels are made by Krieger, I seriously doubt they are more accurate on average than a WOA.  WOA barrels are as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The only thing that concerns me about the WOA barrels is that I've read several comments that they are very picky about the ammo they will shoot.
One such example was it shoots 77 gr otm into 1/2 " , but 69 gr otm and every thing else runs around 2". I own some very fine shooting picky rifles, and they are very frustrating.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The only thing that concerns me about the WOA barrels is that I've read several comments that they are very picky about the ammo they will shoot.

One such example was it shoots 77 gr otm into 1/2 " , but 69 gr otm and every thing else runs around 2". I own some very fine shooting picky rifles, and they are very frustrating.

I own a WOA. Shoots 60gr TAP 8 shot groups at .85 MOA. This was with a 3x ACOG on top. Later this week I'm going to put some 75 TAP in it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unless BCM barrels are made by Krieger, I seriously doubt they are more accurate on average than a WOA.  WOA barrels are as good as it gets.

They are more accurate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do you have personal experience with the BCM ss410 barrel ?[/quote]

Yes.  Quite a bit of it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#15]
is it criterion?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top