Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2013 1:19:22 PM EDT
BCM just got some stripped uppers in stock if anyone is needing one.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
BCM just got some stripped uppers in stock if anyone is needing one.....

For a 1st post, that's a pretty damn good one!  Muchas gracias
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up!! Ordered
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks OP...bought 2.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem, glad I could help! Now I just need to find some BCG's in stock.........
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks got one ordered.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up, they actually a few barrels, receivers, and a few other parts I was looking for.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks jumped on a couple
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#9]
ETA - Wrong thread
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Snagged one. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Snagged one earlier this afternoon along with a charging handle, got tired of waiting for my DD upper on backorder.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if these uppers are actually worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#13]
What hassle are you talking about?  Just ordered one and am hoping for no hassle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
What is the difference between the two?  I see they are the same price?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered one for my SPRish project, now if only pay day would come faster before the barrels going out of stock....
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got shipping confirmation!
They must have folks working overtime. I didn't expect to see it for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe edit the the post title when OOS?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Placed my order the 2nd, still shows processing :(

Ordered 1 upper and 2 gunfighter charging handles
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Out of stock :(
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Ordered one upper and 2 charging handles on the second - shipped the third.  Was shocked.  Maybe they're twiddling their thumbs with nothing left in stock to ship...
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I ordered a couple of barrels and some other stuff.  I'm gonna end up building my own uppers up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I must say, if not for the fact that they said they were blemmed uppers I'd be pissed.  They sure as hell did not lie.  I don't know how all these people who buy these blemmed uppers and always say they look like new get such nice uppers.  I have bought several before, just got two more today, and today's were the worst yet.  Every one I have ever bought are OBVIOUS blems, some looking like they have been drug down a gravel road, all nicked and scratched up, but today's took the cake.  One was fair (a few chips and nicks, nothing unusual for the uppers I have gotten), but one has the threads deeply nicked in two spots so that a barrel nut will not even go on, at least not until I took a thread file to them.  Once cleaned up none of the nicks will affect function.  I just wish one time I'd be one of the guys to get a 'like new' blem but all of mine have been just that, blems, and not just minor blems, but blems even a blind man could identify.  Certainly not anything I would put on a build I wanted to look good unless I Aluma-Hyde it or Dura Coat it first.  Makes me wonder if BCM doesn't have a hard-on for me for some reason and save their worst looking uppers for me?

And that is not to mention that these blems are $30 higher than the older blems, yet are the worst looking yet.  A few weeks ago I could have bought a new upper for the same price, but being what the market is today, it's a wonder BCM has ONLY marked them up $30.  Seller's market, that's for sure.
Now, do not take this the wrong way, I am not criticizing BCM for either the condition of the uppers or the pricing.  I'm just jealous that I NEVER get a blemmed upper that looks anything other than a blem, especially when I see post after post about how other people get blemmed uppers that look like new.  Either I am the unluckiest SOB in the country or they are lying.  One or the other, but I am NOT buying a lottery ticket, I'll guar-an-tee you that!
And if they can get $100 for badly blemmed uppers, like I paid, then more power to them.  They did not twist my arm and make me buy them, and I am glad that I was able to get two spares (to go with my two spare lowers) at only $30 inflated, especially in today's market.

OK, done whining now.  I hope others got uppers that were in a lot better shape than mine.  Time to go get out the can of Aluma-Hyde again...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I must say, if not for the fact that they said they were blemmed uppers I'd be pissed.  They sure as hell did not lie.  I don't know how all these people who buy these blemmed uppers and always say they look like new get such nice uppers.  I have bought several before, just got two more today, and today's were the worst yet.  Every one I have ever bought are OBVIOUS blems, some looking like they have been drug down a gravel road, all nicked and scratched up, but today's took the cake.  One was fair (a few chips and nicks, nothing unusual for the uppers I have gotten), but one has the threads deeply nicked in two spots so that a barrel nut will not even go on, at least not until I took a thread file to them.  Once cleaned up none of the nicks will affect function.  I just wish one time I'd be one of the guys to get a 'like new' blem but all of mine have been just that, blems, and not just minor blems, but blems even a blind man could identify.  Certainly not anything I would put on a build I wanted to look good unless I Aluma-Hyde it or Dura Coat it first.  Makes me wonder if BCM doesn't have a hard-on for me for some reason and save their worst looking uppers for me?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/BiggBore/foilhat.jpg

And that is not to mention that these blems are $30 higher than the older blems, yet are the worst looking yet.  A few weeks ago I could have bought a new upper for the same price, but being what the market is today, it's a wonder BCM has ONLY marked them up $30.  Seller's market, that's for sure.
Now, do not take this the wrong way, I am not criticizing BCM for either the condition of the uppers or the pricing.  I'm just jealous that I NEVER get a blemmed upper that looks anything other than a blem, especially when I see post after post about how other people get blemmed uppers that look like new.  Either I am the unluckiest SOB in the country or they are lying.  One or the other, but I am NOT buying a lottery ticket, I'll guar-an-tee you that!
And if they can get $100 for badly blemmed uppers, like I paid, then more power to them.  They did not twist my arm and make me buy them, and I am glad that I was able to get two spares (to go with my two spare lowers) at only $30 inflated, especially in today's market.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/BiggBore/nowhining.jpg
OK, done whining now.  I hope others got uppers that were in a lot better shape than mine.  Time to go get out the can of Aluma-Hyde again...

My uppers looked like brand new.  Was hard to find really anything that defined them as a blem.  Just want to throw some salt in the wound
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#24]
my blem upper showed up today as well, looks great
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#25]
While I can't speak to this latest batch, I've ordered BCM blems two times in the last year and luckily both looked great.  Like new condition... no, not quite.  But nothing I wouldn't have done within the first few times to the range anyway, just some small scratches.  Of course I tell a friend of mine that and he orders 2 of them back a few months ago and his came in pretty heavily dinged up, mostly on the rails.  Still perfectly functional and no structural damage but I am glad he planned on duracoating them anyway or I would have felt bad talking them up as much as I did.  Pretty sure he thinks I lied to him that mine were also blems.  Luck of the draw I guess.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Got mine today...appears to be new, cant find a blem.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top