Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 6/2/2010 2:58:11 PM EDT
In for one.

Better hurry if you want one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:05:12 PM EDT
I'm in.

Went with the OmegaX rail.  Can anyone give me an idea of why I'd pay extra for the regular Omega rail  Anyone handled both (OmegaX 9 and Omega 9) and feel strongly about one over the other?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:18:24 PM EDT
I was gonna wait for the lw 14.5 middy but decided a while back to get one of the regular 14.5 middy's and build a really light weight 14.5" carbine.

I ordered one with the omega x as well
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:23:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JW1069:
I'm in.

Went with the OmegaX rail.  Can anyone give me an idea of why I'd pay extra for the regular Omega rail  Anyone handled both (OmegaX 9 and Omega 9) and feel strongly about one over the other?

I have the Omega on my BCM 14.5" midlength and the OmegaX on my Spikes 16" midlength, I would prefer the OmegaX overall, but it is nice to be able to remove the rail system from behind the pinned FH if I want to.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 3:36:33 PM EDT by terpdx]
I just paid the rent and bills and don't have the money now!

I hear the lightweight 14.5 mid's are coming out at the end of summer, though...

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:45:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 87GN:
I'm in.

I have the Omega on my BCM 14.5" midlength and the OmegaX on my Spikes 16" midlength, I would prefer the OmegaX overall, but it is nice to be able to remove the rail system from behind the pinned FH if I want to.

I have a dd lite sitting on another rifle that I was going to use on this, but decided the omega x was better suited because it's removable on what will be a pinned upper, and has integral sling swivels.   I'll be using a 2 point on the rifle and adding a mount to the lite negates its weight advantage.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:46:21 PM EDT
The weight savings on a 14.5 middy lightweight are going to be minimal at best.  There ain't that much space to remove material from on those barrels.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:51:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 3:53:20 PM EDT by themagikbullet]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
The weight savings on a 14.5 middy lightweight are going to be minimal at best.  There ain't that much space to remove material from on those barrels.

indeed.  I decided if I wanted a lightweight upper I was gonna build a light weight upper

eta, and I wanted some meat on the end for future suppressor mounting.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:54:05 PM EDT
I'm in.

I saw your write-up on this (excellent, BTW) and couldn't remember which Omega you had.  I just went with the cheaper of the two.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:55:31 PM EDT
What Flash Hider/Comp did u go with???
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:02:41 PM EDT
I'm in.

I saw your write-up on this (excellent, BTW) and couldn't remember which Omega you had.  I just went with the cheaper of the two.

Thanks. Yeah, I am not entirely sure why the Omega X is cheaper, but I sure wouldn't complain
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:05:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BD1JR:

FSC556, perfect match for a 14.5 middy. Should have little to no muzzle climb.

I see a new "go to" rifle in my future.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:32:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jailer:
Originally Posted By BD1JR:

FSC556, perfect match for a 14.5 middy. Should have little to no muzzle climb.

I see a new "go to" rifle in my future.

Same here.  I use FSC556's on all of my post ban builds.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:46:15 PM EDT
14.5 omega x with fsc inbound
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:12:31 PM EDT
In stock now!!

BCM Standard 14.5" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ Daniel Defense LITE 12" Handguard
Top Top