Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/2/2009 3:02:50 AM EST
I am a lefty and have a Left Handed set up STAGE. I have an Aimpoint CompM4 and Aimpoint 3x magnifier mounted. My problem, of course, lies in accessing the charging handle. The regular one is extremely difficult to get hold of and pull back. I was wondering if anyone has tried the new BCM Mod 3-Large Latch model? If so do you think it would work well for my situation? If not does anyone know of a good charging handle for lefties? All responses are appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:19:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 4:56:15 AM EST by MK262]
Here.

Badger Ordnance Ambi charging handle can be purchased here. Click on the accessories tab under the Badger ordnance catergory.
It won't allow a direct link.

http://triadtactical.com/?mainURL=/store/category/e54p/Badger_Ordnance.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:44:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 3:45:04 AM EST by NVBGear]
Originally Posted By jmsfmtex:
I am a lefty and have a Left Handed set up STAGE. I have an Aimpoint CompM4 and Aimpoint 3x magnifier mounted. My problem, of course, lies in accessing the charging handle. The regular one is extremely difficult to get hold of and pull back. I was wondering if anyone has tried the new BCM Mod 3-Large Latch model? If so do you think it would work well for my situation? If not does anyone know of a good charging handle for lefties? All responses are appreciated.

How are you holding the rifle when you charge it? If you are holding it strong hand (for you Left) tilted inboard (Lefty upper ejection port UP std upper ejection port Down) the longer latch would be more accessable.

Just checked a MOD 4 I have in the shop running it that way and I could grasp it fairly easily, that was with a Trijicon Accupoint mounted. The -3 would IMHO allow you to grasp it reliably the -4 might do so as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:40:51 AM EST
I am also a lefty and I added the BCM mod 4 this weekend. THere is plenty to grab with the right hand and the rifle tilted inboard.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:24:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 8:31:44 AM EST by Friendly_Crusader]
Originally Posted By Deputyjason:
I am also a lefty and I added the BCM mod 4 this weekend. THere is plenty to grab with the right hand and the rifle tilted inboard.

im a lefty as well and the mod4 works wonders.. id say 10fold better than the standard charging handle at least

it allows for more diverse grabbing positions, and its a lot easier to charge the weapon, as it flows inline better than a standard latch

ETA: pic, and:

as you can see im using a lot of thumb screws, that are big and bulky. I still find the mod 4 to work great.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:42:21 AM EST
Thank you for your responses. I just ordered the BCM Mod3.
Top Top