Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2010 3:25:40 AM EDT
I'm still working on the parts list for a target gun build. BCG's range in price ftom ~$100 up to ~$300. Can the weekend shooter tell the difference? I'm looking at the Young Mfg. National Match. Upper is narrowed down to the Rainier Ultramatch Billet or Vltor MUR with a Kreiger Barrel. What BCG do you like for a precision target rifle?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The BC really doesn't effect the accuracy of the rifle.   I have two of the Young carriers with Denny Superduty bolts.   I like the chrome carriers because they are easy to clean.

I'd recommend the Thunderbolt (from Rainier or Denny)... unless you're obsessive about cleaning, like I am  
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Like the other guy said BCG should affect accuracy much at all. If you want something fancy I would get Spikes Nickel Boron BCG because its easier to clean and looks pretty.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Like the other guy said BCG should affect accuracy much at all. If you want something fancy I would get Spikes Nickel Boron BCG because its easier to clean and looks pretty.

this is wrong

This is why you should get the Spikes
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because Fail Zero has a Glock on their homepage?

I am sorry, you might want to be a bit more specific as to what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Weekend shooter will never tell the difference between a 110 BCG or a 3,000 BCG.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sorry, you might want to be a bit more specific as to what you are talking about.

I meant the actual technology behind it and what it offers.  Their are quite a few different points of interest on their site.. and i would have ended up writing a paragraph in order to explain everything that should be read on their.

I figured it was best to just put the website down and let you do your own research instead of holding your hand.  Sorry.

Check out the testimonials.
Check out the EXO techonology page
Check out the Test Reports done by the DOD
Check out the articles and reviews.
Check out their phone number and call them up and talk to them.
This may be a stretch but check out their parent company and google that... and then read all of the actual technical aspects of the EXO coating.

their is alot of information there.  

Hope that helps.

Btw.. that glock is pretty cool... i think ill grab one of the 19's when they come out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I run two Young N/M carriers and a regular Phos Young BCG in an M4. There are several options with them from N/M to non N/M to Phos. Which ever you choose you cant go wrong.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured it was best to just put the website down and let you do your own research instead of holding your hand.  Sorry.

Since I like the way you hold my hand, can you point me out to that DoD report?  The only one I can find is from the DoE using blank ammo.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since I like the way you hold my hand, can you point me out to that DoD report?  The only one I can find is from the DoE using blank ammo.

Thanks!

I can't find them either.  All I can find is more articles repeating that the DoD has tested them.  Didn't see any results.  I see results of a bunch of third party "tests" and then the hint of DoD testing.  But no DoD results?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I would also like my hand held to the DoD reports.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't think it matters much, I would assume it is a luck of the draw type thing as far as BCGs go.  I have read where some have had only 5,000 rounds or less run with theirs and with a good manufacturers' name behind it and my Olympic which I have been running for the past 10 years has over 42,000 rounds with the original BCG.   That tells me that there is really not that big of a difference between them unless someone else is gettting a quarter of a million rounds through theirs with the original.   I think it comes down to changing gas rings at regular intervals as I have done, and cleaning the weapon before it starts to get unreliable.   Use common sense and it will last you along time, even if you shoot a fair amount.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I've swapped complete carrier groups between in a RRA predator pursuite upper that shoot's extremly well.

groups stayed the same POI. with RRA,YNM.CMT. The primers looked the same after firing with my handloads.

I also just picked up the RRA chrome carrier group $120.00 for a cheapo GM 1-12 twist Chrome lined A1 pencil barrel build with the BCM blem M4 upper.

all is good for a low dollar beater upper. Cheapo closeout Pentax Pioneer 4.5x14 from best buy's $135.00.in a PEPR topped it off. It shows good promise accuracy wise so far. RRA cantilever mounts still have'nt showed up

As stated above chrome is easier to clean for me that's the only reason I go that way.

My Young's key's are not staked and I prefer unstaked carrier key's. I have my own thoughts on staked carrier key bolt's that definetly does'nt go with mainstream thought!

I am going to put together a light 204 upper after the holidays. I'm going to go with the Fail Zero package complete upper  reciever package and a ballistic advantage barrel SS barrel. Only because of ease of cleaning, no other reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top