Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 7:11:30 AM EDT
My eyes are slightly crossed, enough so that I lack stereoscopic vision.  This affects me in that I have poor depth perception, I cannot use 3-D glasses effectively, I cannot use both sides of a pair of binoculars simultaneously.

Wouldn't this make disqualify me for any benefit of BAC?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely, yes.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have slight difficulty odoing binocs with both eyes open but I am getting better as I go along.  I can however "ghost" things very easily, and have been doing that since I was 5-6 years old.  I can do it pretty good with red dots, and noticed today when I was slurping a not-so-triple-thick shake, I could easily seen down the road with nothing lost, just ghosting the cup.

I have only had about 500 rounds experience with an ACOG, but that was before I new about BAC.  Or maybe I used it and never knew it.  It has been a few months.  Next time I shoot one, I might do a BAC report.

Yeah, it sounds like your vision is too poor to use BAC effectively.  When I say poor, I mean the part about depth perception and using 2 eyes at once.  But I would still try it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Chuck, look up Gun Gallery on Beach Blvd. There's several BAC ACOGs there mounted to display rifles, you can check them out and see if it works for you or not. Come in the day, ask for Neil.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top