Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2004 1:15:21 PM EST
After all the times I praised Aimpoint.

My old Aimpoint CompM/XD crapped out on me today.

Switched it to a new LaRue mount (the mount is great BTW) and took it to the range to rezero. Elevation seems to adjust fine, but there is no visible change when I try to adjust windage. I tried to line it up with my BUIS, which was already zeroed, but no joy. I cranked the thing way to the left and then way (but not all the way) to the right and as far as I could tell, there was no change in windage at all.

Well, I admit that there is no perfect product. I'm still an Aimpoint supporter, and hopefully this will be covered by the warranty...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:33:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 1:34:03 PM EST by The_Friendly_Sponge]
Seems to me there are many more success stories that than failures with Aimpoint products. It's a great product line, why wouldn't anyone still be a fan?

Shit happens - even to good products.

Now, I'll be interested to see if Aimpoint is willing to warranty an older CompM product...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:55:45 PM EST
Well I just looked at my paperwork, and they have a ten year limited warranty.


Aimpoint guarantees this product to be free from orignal manufacturer defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of ten years from the date of purchase. The warranty is valid provided that the sight has not been misused, disassembled or tampered with in any way. This warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable.


My CompM is probably around 5-6 years old and definitely has not been tampered with, misused or disassembled. I've moved it around a couple rifles with different mounts, but I would consider that normal use. I would think this would be cover by warranty, but I'll found out soon enough.

Now the question is, should I get an M2 while I wait for the repairs...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:55:50 PM EST
Maybe hold off on the M2 until you hear back from them. If they can't fix it they'll sell you an M2 for around $260.

I took them up on that about a year ago.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:30:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By mk1iii:
Maybe hold off on the M2 until you hear back from them. If they can't fix it they'll sell you an M2 for around $260.

I took them up on that about a year ago.



Thanks for the info. I hold off until I find out if they can fix mine.
Top Top