Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 6:36:02 AM EDT
Anyone purchaced anything from these people?  How was your experience with service and quality of parts?  Thanks for your help...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Vahn's inventory is typically pricey, but price and value are in the eye of the beholder.

He does seem to suffer from a little grading hyperbole:

- Many of his NIB guns are not a new factory box, but rather a regular gun box. NIB grading carries a premium, but that means the original factory box. Ruger AC556s for instance come with a matching S/N labeled box, but not his NIBs.

- I once bought an MG from him that was described as "like new, test fired only". Upon reciept, the gun had probably a few hundred rounds through it (ooops, forgot to clean the gas piston!) and, more notably showed significant "handling" wear - dings and scuffs from going in and out of the safe over the years. Not like new and I was out the return shipping fee.

- He listed a Colt SP1 RR as factory converted and said the form 4 noted such. The conventional wisdom was that Colt never converted SP1s, why would they when they make M16s? And everbody knows that form 4s pretty much say whatever the transferee puts down.

Other than that, he will ship the gun you buy, he won't haggle and he will allow an inspection period.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report.  I'm mostly interested in his AR parts, rather than complete weapons.  I just found I'm about 20 minutes from this place, and I've got my eye on some of those parts.  I'm trying to gauge whether "new" really means just that, and not seconds or surplus.  Sounds like there may be some issues here?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Colt 6921 M4 upper from him for my M16 and was very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Great customer service. Expensive pieces.

Sammy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top