Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:18:41 PM EDT
anyone have any experience with the "AUTO Burst" caming device? I purchased one for just less than $40 and cannot seem to get the #!8%@!# to work. Feel like putting it in the trash. Thank you. Lonnie132
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:20:40 PM EDT
I'll make a note of this in my report.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:23:40 PM EDT
Uhhh...this should get interesting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:30:24 PM EDT
I remember having visions of such a thing in my paintball days! Sorry, I cant help you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:35:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lonnie132:
anyone have any experience with the "AUTO Burst" caming device? I purchased one for just less than $40 and cannot seem to get the #!8%@!# to work. Feel like putting it in the trash. Thank you. Lonnie132

There's your first good idea
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:35:37 PM EDT
Sorry you wasted your money dude. Those things are iffy at best. Search for the term bump fire and save yourself the hassle. Or, just drop like 7k on an RDIAS...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:40:10 PM EDT
7K?!?!?!?!?!?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:44:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 0612Devil:
Sorry you wasted your money dude. Those things are iffy at best. Search for the term bump fire and save yourself the hassle. Or, just drop like 7k on an RDIAS...

and these can be found where
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:50:24 PM EDT
try 12k
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:52:21 PM EDT
Hide your dogs!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:53:38 PM EDT

WTF? Who left the gate open?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:55:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Carry-A-Big-Stick:
try 12k

How 'bout 30k

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:20:58 PM EDT
seems a little steep
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:24:34 PM EDT
that is steep. 12K is a good average price.

And please, spare yourself and those who tried to help you and THROW THAT CRAP FAR AWAY.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:49:09 PM EDT

I hope you are installing this device in a registered pre 1986 M-16. You are installing it in a registered weapon, right? If you are not, anyone who helps you could be deemed an accomplice to helping you construct an illegal machine gun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:56:52 PM EDT
I thought they made some piece of junk "trigger enhancer" that is supposed to simulate automatic fire called the "auto burst". IIRC it attached to the trigger guard and used a lever to allow you to fire the rifle when you pushed the lever forward. So you pull the trigger, shot fired, and then push the lever, which is resting on the backside of your trigger finger, forward and it fires another shot. I don't think that Lonnie is trying to do something illegal, I think he just bought a junky aftermarket rapid fire trigger device.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:09:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2006 9:15:33 PM EDT by FuelFireDesire85]
Hey,

I bought a similar device off my friend for $20, it was the TAC Trigger, and it’s pretty much the same as the Auto Burst.

I know everyone says they are junk and it looked pretty iffy to start with, but curiosity got the best of me and I figured what the hell. Anyways yeah the best I could do was get of two quick shots and then it would come undone and jam up.

So all the bad reviews you read for these devices are 100% true they are all POS's but I'm sure most people knew that already. Don't feel too bad though Lonnie132, you’re not the only one who bought the junk, and you won't be the last.

There is a device called the GAT trigger system that I read a somewhat positive review about. It uses a finger operated crank that is rotated to actuate the trigger faster, instead of using the “fulcrum camming” action that the others use. However, once again it’s a $40 dollar piece of plastic that at best allows you to get shots off a little faster, but with significantly decreased accuracy and control.

P.S.
Gunsz4me, it's not an illegal device seeing how IF you can get it to work it still only fires one shot per trigger pull. The idea behind the device is that IF it works, its supposed to pull the trigger faster than you can with your finger, which supposedly simulates "full automatic speed". Obviously it doesn't.

Jon
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:16:11 PM EDT
Sorry guys, I live in NY, how the hell should I know? I was just trying to throw something exorbitant out there. Guess I missed the mark by a few K...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:17:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostRing:

Originally Posted By Carry-A-Big-Stick:
try 12k

How 'bout 30k

1.2 million!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:19:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rcr29:
I thought they made some piece of junk "trigger enhancer" that is supposed to simulate automatic fire called the "auto burst". IIRC it attached to the trigger guard and used a lever to allow you to fire the rifle when you pushed the lever forward. So you pull the trigger, shot fired, and then push the lever, which is resting on the backside of your trigger finger, forward and it fires another shot. I don't think that Lonnie is trying to do something illegal, I think he just bought a junky aftermarket rapid fire trigger device.

Silly me, I thought he was trying to install a three round burst cam into his AR-15. My bad
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:26:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FuelFireDesire85:

P.S.
Gunsz4me, it's not an illegal device seeing how IF you can get it to work it still only fires one shot per trigger pull. The idea behind the device is that IF it works, its supposed to pull the trigger faster than you can with your finger, which supposedly simulates "full automatic speed". Obviously it doesn't.
Jon

I saw "auto burst cam" and the hair stood up on the back of my neck. Someone in my home town is spending ten years in Club Fed right now for the illegal manufacture of machine guns. His wife of all people turned him in to the BATF. Prior to his illegal manufacture of machine guns conviction, this poor soul had no criminal record to speak of.

To the OP: If you want to waste ammo, learn how to bump fire from the shoulder. Don't mess with trigger gizmos that aren't worth the money spent on them. Even better, find a range that will let you rent their full autos for a nominal fee.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:48:08 PM EDT
Save your $$ and buy the real thing...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:53:38 PM EDT
87 Million
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:47:38 AM EDT
is this "auto-burst" a legal installation?

If you are referring to installing a burst mechanism in your (NFA) registered lower, - as in going from a full-auto to a burst FCG, you need a certified C2/C3 armorer to help you

If this is a gimmick designed to skirt the NFA laws .............

as fast as you can

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:34:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 8:43:06 AM EDT by JosephR]
Do the posters of "87" know what it means?

It seems everyone who has registered in late 2005 uses "87" every chance they get. Too bad they don't know it's code for "I'm a homo but haven't been here long enough to figure it out."

It basically lets the rest of us know you will do whatever you think you have to in order to be cool and fit in.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:49:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JosephR:

It seems everyone who has registered in late 2005 uses "87" every chance they get. Too bad they don't know it's code for "I'm a homo but haven't been here long enough to figure it out."

It basically lets the rest of us know you will do whatever you think you have to in order to be cool and fit in.

What ever happened to the dork that used to respond back with the answer of 87 all of the time? It seems that he has created a cult of followers, OR, he has multiple AR15.com user IDs.

<Aside note> I joined in November 2005 and never used the number 87 until now to ask about the smart arsed dork who always responded back with that number.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:00:40 AM EDT

I guess that makes MarkM their grand poobaaah.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:19:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:

I guess that makes MarkM their grand poobaaah.

I bet he would be very happy to hear that JoesephR is calling him the Father of Fags.

JoeR, does it really burn your ass that much when people type 87?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:33:08 AM EDT
I didn't come up with this meaning of "87." There are threads on the meaning of "87" and that's what I have gathered.

1.) There is no real meaning.
2.) The people who use it don't know that there is no real meaning.
3.) They are doing it because it's all the rage these days.

When I say gay or fag, I just mean dorky in general. I'm not a homophobe and my use of those terms carries over from a long time ago when you could call someone a fag just because they were acting ridiculous and not get called out for being non-PC.

It doesn't "burn my ass" when people use "87" but it is very stupid when there is no real meaning and they do it just to be stupid. If you want to shout out "87" just to be stupid then I have no problem with telling you in English that you are stupid. That's all.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:50:57 AM EDT

+87

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:54:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 10:56:26 AM EDT by markm]

1. Wrong, lover of Dong!

2. What about all the other repeated silly crap that goes on here? +1, IBTL, w00t!, etc. These are the things which give us a brotherly bond and a tradition unique to OUR site. It's silly, but so what? There are always a few of the members here who have to shit on our good time! Why do you pick "87" as your focal point to which you channel your homophobic hate? Perhaps you need diversity and tollerance counceling!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:02:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

1. Wrong, lover of Dong!

2. What about all the other repeated silly crap that goes on here? +1, IBTL, w00t!, etc. These are the things which give us a brotherly bond and a tradition unique to OUR site. It's silly, but so what? There are always a few of the members here who have to shit on our good time! Why do you pick "87" as your focal point to which you channel your homophobic hate? Perhaps you need diversity and tollerance counceling!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:13:26 AM EDT

1. Wrong, lover of Dong!

Haha. You would think he joined some time in 2005, as he doesn't know what 87 means!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:13:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:15:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 11:16:23 AM EDT by JosephR]
Even after I explained what I meant when I said "fag" you still think I am still making a statement about homosexuality? I can only assume you feel threatened for one reason and one reason only.

Mark- it doesn't matter if you know the meaning. I'm talking about all these guys who DON'T know the meaning and shout it out everytime they want to be stupid.

To me, a +1 isn't stupid. It's like saying "ditto." What's wrong with that?

an "IBTL" isn't so bad either. I use it sometimes but only because I know what it means and that's what I want to say.

I can't stand seeing

over and over again
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:15:22 AM EDT

1. Wrong, lover of Dong!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:19:19 AM EDT
you guys wouldn't be so uptight about me using the word "fag" if people would stop making fun of your new cowboy movie. It's not my fault.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:19:54 AM EDT

Mark- it doesn't matter if you know the meaning. I'm talking about all these guys who DON'T know the meaning and shout it out everytime they want to be stupid.

I guess you have a point there! LotBoy gets mad cuz I have a Zombie following of 87ers! He thinks I'll take over the world some day!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:36:35 AM EDT
yeah, my next point being that I'm surprised you don't mind having those zombie followers.

I look at it this way- I could sort of compare you to the new kids on the block or marilyn manson- you are good at what you do and successful but your followers are lacking in certain departments whether it be on a social level or flat out just their low IQ

either way, you seem proud of them
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:46:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 11:47:25 AM EDT by thedoctors308]
How many mags should I have on hand?
How much ammo should I keep for SHTF?
How many ARs are enough?
How much does it cost to get a "class 3 license"?
What's the speed limit in Iowa?
What's the RPM of an M16 with an H buffer?
How many chromosomes in human DNA?
How much does a pre-81 DIAS from SGN cost?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:47:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:48:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:
How many mags should I have on hand? 87!
How much ammo should I keep for SHTF? 87!
How many ARs are enough? 87!
How much does it cost to get a "class 3 license"? 87!
What's the speed limit it Iowa? 87!
What's the RPM of an M16 with an H buffer? 87!
How many chromosomes in human DNA? 87!
How much does a pre-81 DIAS from SGN cost? 87!

You have achieved true 87 status!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:49:01 AM EDT

How many mags should I have on hand?
How much ammo should I keep for SHTF?
How many ARs are enough?
How much does it cost to get a "class 3 license"?
What's the speed limit in Iowa?
What's the RPM of an M16 with an H buffer?
How many chromosomes in human DNA?
How much does a pre-81 DIAS from SGN cost?

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/motivatorb36048ef1eacf864a98b3836d7.jpg

well now you just went and let the cat out
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:55:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 12:01:42 PM EDT by JosephR]
don't worry- your secret is safe. You can't search for "87" here...

As far as "87" being the answer to all stupid questions, I still would rather answer a stupid question with:

"you are stupid"

but that's just me.

Besides, those are all questions that have numerical answers. I'm talking about the dorks (happy?) that use the term to answer "which barrel should I get?"

Back to the topic-

is this burst cam thingy an add-on? Is it an external part with springs and pivots and shit that clamps to your trigger guard?

The only reason I don't use them is they don't work with my Magpul trigger guard

Why aren't you guys getting drunk on St. Patty's day?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:59:33 AM EDT

As far as "87" being the answer to all stupid questions, I still would rather answer a stupid question with:

"you are stupid"

But then you get people fightin' and such! I'd rather 87 them. It's kinda like a 10 code for L.E.

This thread is starting to go 10-87
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:07:54 PM EDT
getting yelled at by the mods is underrated, big time!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:04:49 PM EDT

How many mags should I have on hand?87
How much ammo should I keep for SHTF?87
How many ARs are enough?87
How much does it cost to get a "class 3 license"?$87
What's the speed limit in Iowa?87
What's the RPM of an M16 with an H buffer?87 mph
How many chromosomes in human DNA?87
How much does a pre-81 DIAS from SGN cost?$87
Yea 87 is retarted and thats why people do it.

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/motivatorb36048ef1eacf864a98b3836d7.jpg

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:26:12 PM EDT
Doesn't 87 mean "all gone" or "dead"? I used to work at a restraunt and when something was gone we would say "87 it!". Maybe it was 86, i dunno.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:09:31 PM EDT

87 will never die. It's used more times by OTHER members of this site than it is used by me! It's the WAVE of the future. Jump on board or get left BEHIND!

I think that this about sums it up
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:23:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By James_Brown:
Doesn't 87 mean "all gone" or "dead"? I used to work at a restraunt and when something was gone we would say "87 it!". Maybe it was 86, i dunno.

The prime rib was 86'd 87 times when I worked at the cafe that served the s.

BTW, I joined in '06, so I'm not a 2005 zombie.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:24:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By James_Brown:

Yes , it is the 86 list.

BTW, I know what "87" means!

P.S. Maybe you should ask Chuck Noris!!

Travis
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top