Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2003 7:49:28 AM EDT
I have a BM XM15 verified Preban and a Olympic Arms CAR-AR also verified Preban. What are the differences in the two weapons? The Bushmaster is all Bushmaster but the OA is so in lower only and has some sort of "milspec" upper that I am unable to find any markings on. The same goes for the barrel on the OA. Just to see I took the uppers and lowers and switched them as one is a 20" and the other a 14.5" with a long suppressor. The milspec will go on the BM lower although it seems a little loose but the BM upper won't accept the pins on the OA lower as they seem too large a diameter for the holes in the BM upper. Another difference I noticed is inside the uppers from the bottom looking up into the upper you can see alot more of one firing pin than you can on the other and they appear to be cut totally different. Is the "loose" milspec upper safe to use on the BM lower? Is this common and is this what the "accuwedge" was designed to correct although I have heard there are some home remedies just as if not more effective but not sure what they are. If the BM lower would in fact work with both uppers I had considered selling the OA lower to free up funds for more toys :) If so what do you thing the OA lower would be worth? It is in very good condition with only a couple of small marks that I have since touched up. I would say it's at the very least 85% and maybe closer to 95%.

You're input and opinions are invited and welcome. Thanks for taking the time for reading this "FNG in the art of the Black Rifle" post!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:26:48 AM EDT
If your pre-ban OA is out of spec... Just send it to them and pay $110 or so and they will re-run it for you. It will then be Mil spec dimensioned (minus the sear relief and sear pin hole of course). I don't think you should be having a problem getting the other upper to fit but if you do keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:51:43 PM EDT
Sounds like your Olympic is out-of-spec. I've seen a lot of mention on this site about it, so it must be somewhat common. The good news is that Olympic will provide you with a new one with the same serial number for a fee. [url=http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/upgrade_receiver.htm]OLYMPIC REPLACEMENT[/url] As for the difference in the bolt carriers, it sounds like the one in which you cannot see the firing pin is an M16 bolt carrier. Some sources say it is illegal to use one (Bushmaster, etc.) while others claim it is perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:28:16 AM EDT
Top Top