Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 9:50:18 PM EDT
any special tools needed for this?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:28:52 PM EDT
It would help to know what a "flash protector" is, at least what kind you want to attach to an AR15.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:31:21 PM EDT
LOL...Fair enough. Flash Hider. YHM 28A
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:41:49 PM EDT
I would suggest threading it on by hand until snug, then tighten with a wrench. That model doesn't require indexing so you really don't need that much torque on it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:47:36 PM EDT
Alrighty. I was just curious if you needed anythign outside of a regular wrench some electrical tape or something on it. :) Appreciate it man.

Taking off a regular A2...just wrench it off I assume? (I'm getting a regular 16in upper...wanting to change flash hider and handguards...handguards I have under control...done those once or twice in the Army...flash suppressor not so much :) )
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:12:25 PM EDT
Removing an existing FS might be more involved, depending on how it was originally attached.

Some companies use a considerable amount of torque when attaching FS, and a few will even use loctite.

Depending on how difficult it is to remove you may well need barrel blocks, a vise and a good strong wrench, and possibly a heat source (propane torch). Or it might come loose by turning the fs with an adjustable wrench while holding the barrel in your hand. You just don't know until you try.

Out of curiosity, what brand is it, and who put it together?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:46:47 AM EDT
Spike's Tactical. Be in enroute in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:09:09 AM EDT
If you know you're going to change the FS, just ask them to only hand tighten whatever muzzle device they are including when they assemble it.
Top Top