Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:05:10 AM EDT
I'm looking at an Atchisson .22 conversion kit for my DPMS.  I was talking to a LEO at the range the other day and he had one for his AR that he really liked.
Anyone out there had any experience with these?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine was worth every penny (and maybe a bit more.) I didn't have to fiddle with mine at all to get it to work 100% in semi or full-auto.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine now that I installed a stronger spring which I bought from Compass Lake Engineering.  I use it with a dedicated 22LR upper built by KKF.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A guy gave me a "junk" barrel which was always sticking 5.56 and I installed the conversion on this, my "dedicated" .22. With the right ammo,(cci- mm) it will always shoot under 1/2" at 50 yds. I used it in my SP1 for a while and it took me all afternoon to clean the barrel. With the dedicated upper, the more I shoot it, the better it gets. I think this is true with all .22's. Never clean a .22lr. They have a wax build-up which is normal, and seals the barrel. I'm not talking about match shooters! I know you guys clean just like we clean .308's.  Good shooting.
Al
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Had my Atchisson .22 conversion kit for about 6 years now... Work great...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top