Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 5:01:10 PM EDT
Fac has cav arms stripped lowers for sale for 119-129. This seems to be a good price compared to others who are selling them so i was thinking of picking one up. On some of the other dealer pages they had statements saying this type of lower could only be assembled by a gunsmith. Is this true or could i assemble it at home just like a normal lower?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
C'mon now, buy that puppy and build a shooter.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing to it.

Only difference between it and a reg lower is that the Cav uses a cross pin to hold the buffer tube pin in and a pin inserted in the top of the receiver for the rear take down pin. Directions come with it and/or the people from CAV ARms will walk you through it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool thanks for the response guys i am going to have my FFL order one today in green.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Some springs have to be trimmed.

Just follow the instructions carefully and it's a piece of cake (or should I say polymer).
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Newbie question: [:I] What is FAC?  I looke in the industry section and didn't see anything that it would seem to stand for.  I assume it's somewhere that sells AR stuff..... HELP!  I want one of those Cavalry Arms lowers!

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.gunsnstuff.net[/url]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have assembled a few (about 5 Cav Arms lowers).  And I'm not a gunsmith.  The last few, all I used is my Leatherman Wave and Crunch tool.

Read the instructions.  The pivot and take down detent springs have to be trimmed (one does for sure).  The safety spring has to be trimmed also.  The way to find out if it has enough removed is this way (my method).  Trim a bit.  Put it in and put the detent in.  Take a small screw driver and push the detend until it is flush. The if it is difficult to push down, take another coil off of the spring.  When it is easy to push, and still pops up, it's good to go.  Remember, if it's too strong, operating the safty will be difficult.  Been there...done that.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[url]www.gunsnstuff.net[/url]
View Quote

Thanks!

Rob
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top