Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:25:13 AM EDT
So I have been telling her I would assemble an AR for her ever since I got her an RRA Gov’t model and it was too front heavy for her so it became mine.

Her birthday is coming up so I finally picked up a new RRA lower receiver and I ordered up a Bushmaster Superlight upper.
I am getting a tactical latch on the charging handle and the single point sling adapter for it.  Also, a BMAS flip-up rear sight.  It will have a telestock because she is smallish and needs a pretty short length of pull.

I think it will be pretty sweet and I will probably like it better than mine when I handle it because I expect it to be pretty light.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll have to add something to it that she isn't going to like so it can end up being yours, again...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You'll have to add something to it that she isn't going to like so it can end up yours, again...

That's a good idea.  Maybe I should can the tele-stock and go with a full, fixed stock.  She wouldn't even be able to reach the grip with it at her shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#3]
suppress it for her, women like it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, is she a pygmy?  Just joshing.  That might actually be kind of neat.  

You're lucky she's into shooting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So I have been telling her I would assemble an AR for her ever since I got her an RRA Gov’t model and it was too front heavy for her so it became mine.

Her birthday is coming up so I finally picked up a new RRA lower receiver and I ordered up a Bushmaster Superlight upper.
I am getting a tactical latch on the charging handle and the single point sling adapter for it.  Also, a BMAS flip-up rear sight.  It will have a telestock because she is smallish and needs a pretty short length of pull.

I think it will be pretty sweet and I will probably like it better than mine when I handle it because I expect it to be pretty light.

Any excuse will do when it comes to buying or building new weapons.

All my ARs were either 20” or 24” uppers. Way too heavy for my petite wife. Especially given that I am a big guy and need a 14.5 or 14.75 LOP.

So, I bought my wife a factory Bushmaster Super Light. She loves it. So do I.

So, of the 7 stripped lowers I got last year, two have become 16 inchers for me. One 16” Super Light for myself, and, since it seems a shame not to have a M4hery, I built one of those for myself too.

viator
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Im a pretty big fan of mine. I found a Colt 1/7bbl and built this AR behind that so its not actually a 'superlite' but just about the same. Im sure she'll love it, Ive really enjoyed shooting mine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, the buffer tube/telestock is on the lower and the upper should arrive this week.

Single point sling adapter, tactical latch on the charging handle, flip up iron sight in rear.

Figuring out an optic now...I am leaning towards Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OK, the buffer tube/telestock is on the lower and the upper should arrive this week.

Single point sling adapter, tactical latch on the charging handle, flip up iron sight in rear.

Figuring out an optic now...I am leaning towards Aimpoint.

Sounds good!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Im a pretty big fan of mine. I found a Colt 1/7bbl and built this AR behind that so its not actually a 'superlite' but just about the same. Im sure she'll love it, Ive really enjoyed shooting mine.

Now that's a very nice KISS Rifle; or as we call them in the vernacular, a "Vanilla" kind of AR; no gimmicks, just plain and simple AR Goodness.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Now that's a very nice KISS Rifle; or as we call them in the vernacular, a "Vanilla" kind of AR; no gimmicks, just plain and simple AR Goodness.

Thank you very much
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#11]
UPS tracking says there is love at home waiting for me...SHEISLEGEND confirms via phone call.

The upper has arrived.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations...  

We need pics asap...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Congratulations...  

We need pics asap...

Thanks, man.

I will take some pics.  Probably pre-single point sling, pre-aimpoint because I don't have those yet.

I want to try it this weekend but we went from shorts weather back to snow!  That's Colorado...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congratulations...  

We need pics asap...

Thanks, man.

I will take some pics.  Probably pre-single point sling, pre-aimpoint because I don't have those yet.

I want to try it this weekend but we went from shorts weather back to snow!  That's Colorado...

Sounds good...

One thing though, keep that snow out your way... The weather seems to have broke here in South West PA... 64° right now...

I'll be looking forward to seeing those pics!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Here it is.  Not the best pic but you all get the idea.  It's pretty light.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Suweet!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Bushmaster lower, Bushmaster stock, Bushmaster 16 inch pencil barrel cut down to 14.5 with a Phantom permently mounted, Les Baer upper with no forward assist, (now) Bushmaster B/C assembly, CNC Gunsmithing A1 removable carry handle, AX Same Plane sights.
Sometimes with an Eotec/ARMS 40 BUIS mounted.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top