Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:41:26 PM EDT
I only got quick glances at the vests they wore over their suits in the bank sequence. It looked like elastic just holding the mags in place by friction. Anyone have some still DVD pics? I would like a vest like that as I think it would offer the fastest/easiest access to mags...no flaps, snaps, velcro, pockets etc to slow or snag. Anyone make one like that?

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not positive but, I think there was a thread on the General Board not too long ago about those same vests.

IIRC, they were custom made vests just for the movie.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thanks man!
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone post a link to the thread in the GD board? We get all kinds of people out at FDCC matches. Most are real level headed folks who are super nice and easy to be around. Once in a while though, we'll get some apocalyptic fantasy dudes who will be all camo'd out asking what kind of web gear or assault vest I like best. Im not sure if they even know what I mean when I tell them the ones from the bank heist in Heat! Hahaha! Thats what I like, totally low profile, Them guys were armed to the teeth and no one even know. Thats some real urban camo right there!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what you need.
[url]http://www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=1273586[/url]

[img]http://www.lightfighter.com/SO-Tech/SOt-chest.jpg[/img]
SO Tech Hellcat Chest Rig
List Price:  $109.95
Sale Price:  $105.00

The Special Operations Technologies Hellcat Modular Chest Rig is made to be rugged and simple. Its design accomodates six M4 magazines behind three rows of PALS webbing that will accommodate any of the MOLLE, SPEAR, or FSBE pockets.

The magazine pockets on the chest rig close with a Type 13 webbing strap and snap closure. The simple nylon pull taps are easy to manipulate and are elevated out of the way of whatever magazine or utility pouches you might have installed on the front.

The chest rig is supported by two wide, non-padded, shoulder straps that cross in the back. Quick release buckles on the left hand side make donning or jettisoning this rig easy (and no buckle on the firing shoulder insures a proper weld every time). A third strap with another quick release buckle wraps around the waist in the back to hold the rig secure.

The Modular Chest Rig is made in the United States and is covered by SO Tech's LIFETIME warranty. It is available from Lightfighter.com in Black, Olive Drab, Woodland, Tan, Tri-color, CADPAT, Coyote Brown, and Arctic White.

View Quote

Holds six mags, plus the pals webbing for attachment of additional pouches.

And it can be had in black, in case you want to wear it under a suit. [;)]

I've heard nothing but great reviews about the Hellcat.  Although mine has been on backorder for about a month...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
HI,

I just got in a tactical Tailor MAV two piece with a modular harness.The vest is great and they have great customer service. I have heard nothing but good things about the Hell cat.And after seeing the picture of the Hell cat I think it will be next. Thanks,Kev
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Will it hold 30 and 42rd AUG mags?

I cant search the GD. Anyone have the link to the other discussion?

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, found the thread, here ya go:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=188699&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I second HKocher, the SOTech's Hellcat is absolutely awesome.  I am having a special request gear set build by them right now.  Can't wait to get it.

Sorryociffer, the Hellcat will take the AUG 30 round magazines, I am not quite sure about 42 rounders.  SOTech is a small enough shop you can basically request them to build it to your spec.  Call them and ask for Lance, he will take care of you.  Tell him Chen send you and he will add an additional 20% to your order. [ :)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top