Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2003 10:55:09 AM EDT
can someone tell me which ARMS SWAN will fit the top of my Bushmaster 25th Anniversary Carbine.I would like to get the full length one that goes to the front sight.
who has one for sale?
and it doesn come with the rear sight correct?
let me know
thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
i think you want the Super Swan.
if you get a new one the rear sight will be the new "tactical" outfit with the super 500 meter notch and flat windage knob.  it's set to be the same height as the M4 front sight.

don't know where you can get a sweet deal on one.  

your post reminds me i need to box up mine and get it upgraded.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
555R,
If you have a 16" upper with normal length hand guards....then you will want the 38S-EX. It will extend to the end of your hand guards and the brush breaker will sit in the last venting hole. I had one on my Bushy Varminter Carbine before I built my M4gery. I think the best place to find a deal is on the exchange board...or try gunbroker.com. Good luck.

Mickey
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't that be over kill ?? You have a rail all the way across the top of your BM 25 gold model anyway , which keeps the sights as close to the centerline of your barrel if you add a 38s-ex it will raise the height if you want to mount any optics. I looked at one 38s-ex a while back had it in my hand but was also getting an Eotech 511 and it was expained to me that sight zero on the Eotech will have to lowered in order to offset the height that your adding, it is a cool item but in the end I settled for a #40 ARMS flip up and the flat top rail on my carbine which almost zeroed itself , I bore sighted it went to the range and blew the center of the target away. Beats having to get stressed out trying to sight in an expensive rig while trying to relax and have a good time .
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]
SWAM sleeve you are asking for this the #38s-EX.  This will fit as long as you did not opt for the M4 handguards option with your Bushmaster.  

The raised rail will work will with scope using a low mount, Trijicon Reflex with ARMS mount or Aimpoint using an ARMS #22M68.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
well  its the 25th Anniv Carbine
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwvms16fxxv.asp

i was thinking of getting a different sight and selling the barely used eotech since i have no NV device its a waste for me
if I get that rail I wont need spacers to cowitness with the BUIS
plus it will reinforce the foregrip
i have an M900 attached to it and occasionally a bipod

i dont want to buy a part and not have it work
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]
okay, you never specify the M900 handguard. The #38s-EX will not fit over the M900a since the M900a is the same diameter as the
M4 double heat shield handguard. the handguard is too tall it will not clear the spaces left by the SWAM sleeve.

Also by getting the ARMS sleeve, you will not reinforce the forearm, since there is nothing for the rail to attach to the handguard.  

If you want inforce the handguard by using a ARMS SWAM sleeve, you are looking at getting a KAC RAS handguard with rails at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock position, and you will need to order an ARMS #38s-EX-Mod, this sleeve have rail slot build to the front of the gas block which lock into the top rail on the RAS and also uses three screw to interface with the slot on the top of the RAS.  As far as fitting a sleeve over the M900, it will not do anything for your handguard, beside the rail will not fit.  one thing you can do if you so set on getting a sleeve, you can get a #38s which will only poke beyond the receiver rail by about half an inch, you can grind the M900 handguard a bit so the rail will fit.

as far as using a SWAM and co-witness, it will do so as long as you got a Aimpoint mounted to a #22M68. if you have an EOTech, it is a good set up as it is, I would just buy a ARMS #40 BUIS and keep the current setup.

This is the MOD rail sleeve I am talking about.
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/M4RAS-2.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/M4RAS-3.jpg[/img]

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
actually the M900A is Surefires weapon light foregrip sorry for the confusion
and I also sometimes run a Harris Bipod
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, The M900 is the grip light, I fault.  by using the standard CAR handguard, the SWAM sleeve will fit, but there is nothing attach the sleeve to the handguard for any reinforcement.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#9]
if you look at the link i posted it will show the bushmaster carbine
it has a 4 rail handguard that is full floating
didnt you have the same rifle?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay, that handguard will work with the SWAM Sleeve #38s-EX-MOD, make sure you specify the rail needs to interface with a rail handguard.  The rail will come with three screw to secure it to the RAS, you will not need them.

The free float tube usuallly don't have problem, it does not effect the barrel what so ever.  the FF handguard is strong and solid enough to handle the light.  the reason the Rangers are asking for the MOD rail is because under full auto the RAS attached to the barrel is bending under the weight of the attached device on the handguard.  the FF tube you have don't interfer with the barrel in what so ever way.

Just leave it as it is.  if you like the #40 rear sight better, then get the sight alone.

Talk to Wes@[url]www.mstn.biz[/url], he is a wealth of information.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top