Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 11:26:31 PM EDT
Hey, I will shortly have 2 of these things up and running.  the #5 seems to me to be very stable, and Leupold PRW and QRW rings seem to attach just fine.

1.  do any of you use this mount?  do you like it?
2.  do any of you care to comment on whether the ARMS#5 plus Leupold PRW (non quick detach for cross slotted bases) rings, is as good a mount as the Armalite scope mount?

I just received the armalite scope mount in the mail for my varminter, but the #5 is what will be used for my 16" shorty and 20" vmatch.
thanks for any input.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
1.  I did.  Yes, I liked it.  Very good quality piece.

2.  No, it's not.  It doesn't position the scope forward like the Armalite mount does.  Additionally, more parts = more to go wrong.

Lastly, my #5 + rings was too high.  My rings were pretty short too.

The Armalite 1 piece just does the job better, IMHO
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, fight.  I'll have to consider getting another armalite.  It does seem to be just about the ideal solution to flattop scope mounting.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top