Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2005 8:46:45 AM EDT
I 1st thought about just ordering a set from Bushmaster but then I got to thinking.  I'd rather support a dealer on the forum like BravoCompany USA or someone else that sells this.
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/stapnchset.asp

I was hoping to find an Armorer's KiT.  Here's what I was looking for...

1) Good punch set
2) Receiver Push Pin Tool
3) Pivot Pin Detent Install Tool
4) Tele-Stock Wrench

Is 1 punch set as good as the next?

______   <--- insert your advice here
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
For roll pins you don't need to much of a punch, the cheapo asian punches and little brass hammer should do. Taper pins are tough and you need a good 1 pc. punch to remove most.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Brownells sells tools specifically for the AR15.Roll pin punches are not really needed, but make things easier when a roll pin is stubborn. They also sell roll pin holders to get them started, and a special punch just for the mag catch roll pin.

By the way, if you like the Bushmaster tools, They will work great also & Bushnaster is a sponser of this site.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got these very same  things from Bravo, and they are top quality and work like a charm. Came quick too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 Bravo Co.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1 Bravo Co.

:: nods ::

Helping out that troop was very cool on Bravo's part.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Brownells would be my last choice unless you have money to burn,  there tools are way over priced in my opinion.  Check Bushmasters web site and other vendors who support this site.  

I bought my bench vise, strap wrench and split ring pliers from Sears.  The rest came from Bushmasters and ADCO.  Both gave me good service.  

I would suggest the 3 tooth carbine buffer extension wrench.  I broke a one tooth wrench the first time I used it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#8]
[spamming my own thread to test avatar]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top